This key engineering position will be responsible for the design and development of firmware sourcecodes, applications, and solutions of electronic controller products for heating cable systems in various environments. The successful candidate will fulfill technical missions, with autonomy to propose/develop complex solutions in the firmware domain of the New Product Development, including requirements, design, verification, release, and documentation. He/she may have hierarchical or functional responsibilities as a key contributor, and may provide mentoring, instructions, or assistance to establish and maintain internal procedures and best practices.
- Designs and develops firmware applications
- Performs coding, debugging, unit and integration testing, and troubleshooting throughout the firmware application development process
- Develops in context of hardware constraints and system complexity, based on product requirements, specifications, prototypes, and proof of concepts
- Performs qualifications and evaluations of firmware, including sourcecode reviews on functionality, robustness, interoperability, and cybersecurity
- Prepares test plans and performs system-level firmware testing of electronics hardware design
- Performs failure analyses and troubleshooting of mixed-signal analog/digital circuits
- Contributes to firmware aspects of a project, also in agile context
- May direct training and development of other firmware developers
- Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics, Electrical or Computer Engineering. Master’s degree .
- Minimum 5-year experience in related embedded firmware design.
- Hardware design experience of microcontrollers and digital signal controllers (such as ARM, PIC, NXP, STM32). PIC/32bit microcontroller design .
- Experience in high-speed circuit board design.
- Experience in network and industrial communication protocols (TCP-IP/ UDP, HTTP, ARP, Ethernet/IP, HART, MODBUS, Profinet) .
- Experience in Agile development practices or automation .
- Experience with HMI and touch display systems or Wi-Fi module development .
- Coding proficiency in both C and C languages.
- Embedded communication protocol design: I2C, UART, SPI, USB, CAN, etc.
- Proficiency in implementing State Machine Algorithms and/or RTOS .
- Knowledge in Industrial IoT .
- Knowledge in Switch Mode Power Supply functions and topologies .
- Knowledge in Hashing and Encryption Algorithms .
- Knowledge in version control systems, Azure DevOps and Git .
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Collaborative and team player.
- Highly creative and organized in development processes.
- Strong communicator, both effectively and timely.
- Bold and assertive decision maker, understanding importance, urgency, and risks.
- Applicant must be willing to work in Ortigas Center, Pasig.
- High mobility, travel to either manufacturing facilities or customer sites, as needed.
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Universal Asynchronous Receiver/Transmitter
Real Time Operating Systems
Serial Peripheral Interface