The function utilises the expertise of eight specialisms that collectively enable the operational day-to-day running of the business to ensure that Defence Equipment and Support (DE&S) delivers its objectives and maintains compliance with the requirements of being part of a Department of State. We cover: Business Support; Comms, Media & Marketing; Infrastructure & Estate Management; Policy Profession; Sales & Disposals; Occupational Health, Safety & Environment; Quality Management; and Security.
A dynamic opportunity for a Business Learning Trainer to join Defence Equipment and Support (DE&S) in Beith. As Business Learning Trainer you will provide and deliver critical training, education and information on a variety of subjects to Defence Munitions staff in order to work in a safe and compliant manner. Based at Defence Munitions (DM) Beith, you will primarily be responsible for the northern sites including DM Crombie, DM Longtown and DM Glen Douglas. You will provide support to senior team members with the construction of training courses, the management of training records and the development of management information.
This role also offers potential future responsibilities including assessing training and competency products. Due to the frequent travel required between remote locations in this role the ability to drive would be beneficial as well as access to your own mode of transport.
* Construction, delivery and evaluation of training: covering subjects such as Health & Safety, Security, Manual Handling, Equality & Diversity, Behavioural Awareness and Explosive Safety Awareness
* Teaching elements of Defence Munitions functional training, learning and delivering other subjects as and when required
* Creating and maintaining learner records: following delivery of training produce and maintain training records, primarily using Microsoft Excel
* Acting as a point of contact for training delivery and engaging with stakeholders at various levels to provide specialist advice on subject area and other complex issues
*Coordinating with Defence Munition sites Focal Points in order to produce, agree and facilitate the training delivery plan, maintaining flexibility of delivery schedule
* Providing administrative support, advice and assistance to the training team, identify new training requirements and subsequently create training solutions/presentations
* Assisting with compiling the Statement of Training Requirements (SOTR)
Experience working in, or delivering training on Health & Safety or WOME (Weapons Ordnance Munitions Explosives) would be beneficial, as well as the ability to assess vocational competency.
Candidates must hold an instructional qualification from a recognised awarding body such as:
* Preparing to (PTLLS) / Certificate (CTLLS) or Diploma(DTLLS) in Teach in the Life-long Learning Sector
* Award/Certificate/Diploma in Education and Training
* CIPD learning qualification
* Military Basic Instructional Technique (BIT)
* Defence Instructional technique (DIT)
* An equivalent instructional qualification with delivery experience.
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
* Accredited as an instructor/trainer by recognised external awarding bodies i.e. CIPD (or willing to commit to completing)
* Outstanding presentation skills with particular strength in using Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel
* Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, with the ability to design and deliver presentations to large audiences
* Ability to work autonomously and plan your own workload
It would benefit your application if you be able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
* A Health and Safety Qualification e.g IOSH or NBOSH
* Prepared to gain assessor qualifications
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
* Learning & Development (HR)
* Conflict People Management
* Developing self and others
* Making effective decisions
Role shuts on Sunday 18th April
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.