PRINCIPLE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Supports the preparation of regular Business Updates & POR/Budget Presentations to European Management
- Supports the European Fulfillment Center Team on all upcoming projects, initiatives (i.e. Oracle Update, Transfer Pricing Policy Change)
- Builds up and develops an EFC specific KPI and cost reporting (operational and financial)
- Ensures and maintains accurate material costs & transfer prices in operating system (Cost Accounting)
- Review of Purchase Price Variances and supports purchasing department in solving underlying issues with Internal and External Suppliers.
- Supports the preparation of the monthly US GAAP reporting and variance analysis for the European Fulfillment Center and early detect / fix issues
- Develops and maintains annual labor and overhead rates with ongoing variance tracking
- Review and support the proper reporting of Inventory
- Inventory Slow Moving and Obsolescence: Responsible for maintaining Excess and Obsolescence Model
- Reviews the Inventory Cycle Counting and underlying variances
- Maintain EFC specific accrual calculations
- Build up a Productivity monitoring and measurement in collaboration with EFC Manager and EFC Controller
- Support alignment of processes to EMR and set up data management to meet internal reporting requirements
- Ad Hoc projects – Work on special projects with focus on continuous process improvement
- Provide support for SBU reporting at the site, specifically Sales, Material Costs by SBU, and allocation of Labor/Overhead to individual SBU’s
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Business Administration Degree
- Proven relevant experience in a large commercial organization, preferably with a manufacturing environment
- Accounting experience or Qualified Accountant
- Experience in Cost Accounting
- US GAAP experience
- Proficiency in MS-Office (especially Excel)
- Experience in HFM/Hyperion is an advantage
- Experience in Oracle is an advantage
- Experience in working in corporate environment
- Fluent in English; fluent in German preferred but not required
CORE COMPETENCIES (KFLA preferred)
- Customer Focus (intern & extern)
- Drives Results
- Communicates effectively
- Ensures Accountability
- Plans & Aligns
- Manages Complexity
- Decision Quality
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
- Analysis Of Variance
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Cycle Counting
- German Language