At Jacobs, we are building a
Technology Enabled solutions team as part of
Strategic Consulting, working to apply digital expertise to some of the most ambitious urban and infrastructure developments around the world.
In Technology Enabled solutions we work with clients to establish their digital infrastructure needs, then develop place-based digital strategies by exploring the assets required and benefits they can bring key stakeholders. We support the design, deployment cybersecurity and operation of networks, Smart City platforms and operational technology. In this emerging business area, we work with cities, local authority and developer clients, leading telecom operators and investors, manufacturing clients, IOT providers and campus owners.
About the opportunity:
We are looking for a
Smart Cities consultant who is able to focus on details and see the big picture. You will be joining a team who is delivering digital transformation in cities, regions and developments, supporting Clients on major projects globally across multiple sectors. This is an exciting opportunity to join a high-performing team in a rapidly growing market, realize real change and contribute to revolutionary change on a city scale.
As a Smart Cities Consultant, you will be tasked with working across the Smart City project lifecycle, from the analysis of qualities of place, to the identification and design of smart services, to planning for and driving their implementation. A successful candidate will be able to evidence an excellent capability in applying advanced techniques such as user-centric design on real-life problems as well as presenting outputs in visual forms, infographics and/or dashboards. You will need to collaboratively engage with engineers, urban designers, city stakeholders and industry professionals to develop solutions and agree outputs.
You will be responsible for building your personal brand and developing relationships internally and with clients to help us share knowledge and deliver best practice, you will also be called upon to help colleagues develop their digital awareness, sharing their own knowledge to help others.
- Degree qualified with engineering, architecture or economics specialized
- Experience delivering strategies and projects for cities, regions, developments, and communities to help the harness the potential of digital technologies.
- Experience of working with national or local government bodies and/or with property and infrastructure companies
- Analytical and Numerical skills are a strong advantage
- Expertise in both relevant technologies (such as 4G/5G communications, IoT, big data/analytics) and their business, social and economic impact
- Excellent communication, including both oral and written English
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience and knowledge of digital master planning and related themes such as sustainability and climate change
- Experience working with planners, urban designers, and other built environment design disciplines
- Experience of networking and ability to build client relationships
job reference: MID0000PW
From Our inclusive employee networks to our positive mental health champions - we are committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally - and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we have gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You will uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits, and opportunities to do good too - from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you will discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals - all at a single global company.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
Please note If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.
- Big Data
- Built Environment
- Climate Change