Wood is currently seeking expression of interest for Projects Control Manager to join our team in Kuwait for the upcoming project.
Please note that at this stage, applications for this role are invited as an Expression of Interest (EOI) whilst opportunities are being fully determined.
The position is permanently assigned to the Projects
Manage, supervise, monitor and guide the day-to-day activities of Planning, Cost Control, Estimating and Document Control Personnel working in a multi-projects engineering and PMC environment.
Skills / Qualifications
- Ensure clear definition of the Project Control requirements of his assigned project and to be fully familiar with the Contract.
- Prepare, agree and issue the Project Services Execution Plan in accordance with Company Procedures.
- Apply all Project Services techniques as appropriate in accordance with the approved Project Services Execution Plan.
- Manage and co-ordinate the Project Services team on his assigned Project and to build the team effort into an effective and efficient unit.
- Ensure that the Project Services Systems provide the best possible control tools for the supervisory staff on the project to allow them to control their work efficiently.
- Ensure that, at all times, the Project Task Force is fully aware of.
- The Project targets
- The current status
- Exceptions to plan
- Required remedial action
- Forecasts for recovery to the plan
- Organise the regular Progress Review meetings in accordance with Company Procedures.
- Ensure that the Project Manager and Construction Manager are aware of any potential major problems, and to propose remedial action, i.e. to initiate an “Early Warning System.”
- Prepare, approve and issue all relevant Project Procedures for Project Services, based on standard Company Procedures.
- Support the Program Director in any other relevant areas, e.g. contractual matters, office administration, accommodation, computing needs.
- Liaise with the projects Functional Managers on any problems, suggestions, staffing matters, etc., in order to support a consistent approach across the company.
- Ensure that variations to the contract are carefully processed and analysed in order to safeguard budget and programme integrity.
- Take part in any corporate matters required by the Regional Project Controls Manager, with a view to disseminating experience and positive enhancements to the service throughout the company.
- Ensure that, in all Project Control disciplines, staff are identified, recruited, trained and assigned who are competent, experienced and cost effective.
- Appraise performance of subordinates and identify/implement training and development needs.
- Recommend and implement organisational changes necessary to achieve optimum efficiency.
- Address general personnel and disciplinary matters as required.
- Establish and promote good working relations with his team, the project staff and the client.
- Read, understand and implement the Company Safety Policy and the arrangements describes in the Company and area Safety Management System documents.
- Line management of a number of senior planning, cost and document control personnel.
- Development of the staffing plan and execution for the project organization to ensure appropriate skills/talent are available.
- Preparation of internal and client weekly and monthly project status reports.
- Lead CAPEX development and reviews.
- Review and critique FEED and EPC programmes for Cost/Schedule and DMDC interfaces.
- Maintain and manage internal and external scorecards
- Update and prepare department procedures and work practices as appropriate.
- Conduct annual appraisals and recommend salary reviews for department.
Minimum fifteen years post graduate experience.
Minimum ten years experience in the oil & gas, refining and petrochemical industries.
Minimum five years experience in the designation.
Minimum two years experience with Wood in similar position.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. [ Link removed ]
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Training And Development