Element has an opportunity for an experienced Quality Manager. Reporting to the General Manager, you are an essential member of the management team and responsible for the overall quality performance. The successful candidate will have a sound working knowledge of ISO/IEC 17025 requirements in relation to materials testing. Experience in Materials testing / laboratory would be desirable.
In this role, you will have interaction with clients, Accreditation Bodies and Primes and will be responsible for advising operational colleagues of the importance of quality, accuracy and integrity in the provision of the inspection and testing services we provide.
You will be involved in leading quality at a local level and will work closely with the Division Quality Manager to ensure that Element quality policies, processes and procedures are effectively implemented in Monterrey. As a quality leader within Element you will be capable of driving a culture of quality assurance and quality improvement, working closely with your operational colleagues and the wider Element quality community.
Skills / Qualifications
- Maintenance and scope extension of all accreditations (e.g. ISO 9001 /IEC 17025 a), Prime approvals and any other regulatory requirements
- Implement and maintain the QMS, ensuring the necessary controls are in place to govern the inspection and testing undertaken
- Effectively manage the day to day implementation of the QMS and support colleagues in its implementation
- Prioritise activities to meet the needs of the business, colleagues and our customers
- Embed and drive a culture of quality assurance and quality improvement in all parts of the laboratory operations
- Ensure the continued fulfillment of customer expectations through the implementation of the QMS, e.g. through effective contact review, reporting and in communication with customers or approval bodies
- Ensure that all accreditations are maintained and extended, as agreed with operational management and the Division Quality Manager, to service our customer base and retrain our competitive position as a leader in materials testing
- Manage A2LA and Nadcap assessments, visits from and other regulatory bodies as required
- Ensure that any findings from assessments are responded to in line with the Element established quality requirements and in the timeline and format dictated by the assessment bodies
- Establish and implement appropriate QA/QC programs to reduce the cost of poor quality and improve compliance to regulations, standards. company objectives and customer requirements
- Ensure training in the electronic quality management system (eQMS) is effective and that colleagues implement the system across the facility
- Drive and monitor the implementation of eQMS in Monterrey ensuring full usage of the available modules
- Provide quality training to colleagues when onboarding and provide refresher training to existing colleagues
- Implement method audits, system audits, and proficiency testing in line with the established schedule(s) and ensure these are maintained up to date
- Maintain good working relationships with operational colleagues within Monterrey and with the wider quality community
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent qualification) in a scientific or engineering discipline, with ideally 5 years’ experience in materials testing or a related environment (e.g. manufacturing)
- Experience of working in an ISO 9001 / IEC 17025 environment is mandatory
- Effective organizational and time management skills with the ability prioritize activities
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in participating in quality investigations, undertaking root cause analysis, developing corrective action plans, and ensuring the effectiveness of actions undertaken
- Requirement to keep up to date with changes in the quality landscape and maintain personal professional development
- Ability to identify quality and technical problems and work with colleagues to determine effective and sustainable solutions
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues and work effectively as part of a team
- This is a Saudi national position
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.
Product Quality Assurance
Corrective And Preventive Actions