Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
The energy market is roughly $4 trillion globally, and solar penetration is less than 1%. But just one hour of sunlight, if harnessed, could power the entire world for a year. We have the opportunity to completely change the way energy is produced, distributed and consumed on a global scale, and we’re looking for talented, committed people to help us drive our growth and achieve our goals.
SunPower is a global solar energy solutions company with a rich heritage of pioneering the best energy technologies in the world. Our solutions are unrivaled in terms of long-term reliability, efficiency and guaranteed performance, and our company is unmatched in terms of global reach and scale. Through design, manufacturing, installation and ongoing maintenance and monitoring, SunPower provides its proprietary, world-record efficient solar technology to residential, commercial and utility customers worldwide.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a brilliant, passionate and driven team of more than 2,000 in North America and the Philippines. In an industry that is reshaping the world’s energy future, there’s no better place to be than SunPower.
We believe that our employees create our brand – with each project, each communication, each task completed and each interaction. Experience is critical to SunPower in regards to not only our customers but also our employees and dealer partners. As such, we strive to hire candidates that are service focused. The experience we would expect the ideal person to deliver is:
Engineering Manager, Business Intelligence
Summary of Role:
The market for solar is experiencing both explosive growth and intense competition. The Digital team is seeking an experienced multi-disciplinary Engineer who will be responsible for the end-to-end management of our Business Intelligence development team, in support of the SunPower measurement systems.
This role wears many hats and the right candidate will be able to move fluidly between a variety of tasks including building and managing our BI technology stack, optimizing our data flows, optimizing report applications, designing for user experience, and managing to outcome and efficiency targets.
This Manager will lead the Business Intelligence team, comprised of engineers who are passionate about feature delivery, user experience and design, data quality and completeness. This team operates throughout the standard workweek, in a roughly 20x5 schedule. The BI Manager will work directly with the BI Product Manager to prioritize application and feature development, data quality improvements, performance improvements, and technical debt burndown. The Manager will own the delivery and quality of code for all of SunPower’s internal and customer-facing reporting. This is a critical role that requires a high degree of technical mastery and attention to detail. This role requires collaboration with multiple internal development teams, external vendor/service providers, and IT/Digital leadership. The Manager will be a leader within the SunPower Digital team, reporting to the Sr Director of Digital Operations.
- Design, develop, and maintain a Management Analytic System consisting of standardized purpose-built dashboards and reports that provide the information needed for common management duties
- Rationalize the numerous existing reports and dashboards to provide a consistent foundation for understanding of the business by all colleagues
- Drive for self-service, automated reporting (eliminate spreadsheet-driven reporting)
- Leverage graphs, exception highlighting, and other visualizations to enable rapid understanding of data
- Create ad hoc analyses and reports (potentially integrating data from multiple sources) to address the one-off information needs of the business as they arise
- Provide actionable insights on performance vs goal assessments and advise management on recommendations to improve business results
- Assist management and other colleagues with interpreting dashboards and reports
- Present updates (written and/or verbal) on BI vision, strategy, and progress to goals
- Build various dashboards to communicate project statuses and various platforms or system health. Ability to make decisions based on stats and metrics
- Develop high-level design interaction diagrams, system functionality changes, data model, data flow, high-level interface specifications
- Handle development and capacity planning, tuning systems stability, provisioning, performance and scaling of the application infrastructure
- Create and implement a strategy to ensure we meet system performance targets
- Inspect team’s work, including but not limited to pull requests/code review
- Manage vendor relationships and budgets for third-party services
- Help ensure information security best practices for all our BI environments
Desired Skills and Experience
- Business Sciences or equivalent Analytics degree
- 3+ years experience developing and supporting business/customer-facing measurement systems
- Experience and understanding of user experience/user interface design
- Demonstrated ability to solve time-sensitive and technically challenging problems
- 2+ years demonstrated success in driving a high-performing development team
- Experience operating within an Agile development SDLC
- Extensive experience working in QlikSense (preferred) or QlikView
- Knowledge of standard measurements for common enterprise functions (finance, sales, marketing…)
- Good understanding of data architecture design
- Experience driving data quality improvement efforts with success
- Ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Good understanding of Python object programming a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual’s qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
[ Link removed ]
[ Link removed ]
Accommodation for Applicants to SunPower Corporation
SunPower Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment at SunPower Corporation: [ Email address blocked ] . Please indicate in the subject that line of your email that you are requesting accommodation. Only candidates being considered for a position who require an accommodation will receive a follow-up response.
NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES
Availability of Affirmative Action Plan for Review
SunPower is a federal government contractor. As a part of the Company’s obligations under law, it must develop a written Affirmative Action Program (AAP) for the Disabled, Recently Separated Veterans, Armed Forces Service Medal Veterans, Disabled Veterans and Active Duty Wartime Or Campaign Badge Veterans and for Women and Minorities as specified by law. Non-confidential and non-proprietary aspects of the AAP are available for inspection by applicants and employees, consistent with applicable law, which will be made available during office hours by contacting the EEO Officer.
- Technical Debt
- Data Architecture