Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech is seeking applications from qualified individuals for a resident Renewable Energy Lead for an anticipated USAID energy project in Tunisia. This energy project will assist the Government of Tunisia in its effort to meet increasing demand for electricity and promote energy conservation by: 1) leveraging available external sources of assistance to catalyze renewable energy development, 2) creating the necessary conditions for supporting and facilitating private sector-led energy investments, and 3) supporting efficiency improvement interventions. The position is full-time and is contingent upon contract award. The Renewable Energy Lead will work under the technical direction of the COP to facilitate the development of new renewable energy capacity. S/he will provide advisory services and contribute to capacity building activities to catalyze private investment and strengthen the enabling framework. This is a five-year fixed-term appointment with benefits.
- Design and lead the implementation of technical tasks related to the development of renewable energy (RE) in Tunisia.
- Identify major challenges and roadblocks to RE development and contribute to the development of a conducive policy and regulatory environment.
- Assist in bringing RE transactions to a financial close through support on relevant PPAs, financing issues and solutions, and other related matters.
- Facilitate in the development of the competitive structure for the procurement of new renewable energy capacity.
- Provide advisory support on transactions, grid stability, pilot RE projects and other related topics.
- Coordinate with the national utility, STEG, on relevant RE issues.
- Liaise with the key public and private stakeholders in the renewable energy sector and facilitate relevant capacity building workshops and trainings.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Essential KSA’s required (experience, skills, education, certification, etc.):
- A Master’s degree or higher in an energy-related field, including engineering, policy, legal, finance, economics, or other related field.
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience supporting or leading energy sector projects with demonstrable experience in the renewable energy sector.
- Demonstrated policy experience and skills including preferably tendering processes, standards-setting, and strategy formation for promoting RE projects
- Experience supporting USAID or other donor-funded renewable energy projects in the MENA region.
- Ability to build effective relationships with peers, supervisors, clients, and stakeholders.
- Familiarity with the political, social and cultural context of working in MENA.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English (reading, writing and presentation skills) is required.
Valued but not required KSA’s:
- Fluency in French and/or Arabic.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting [ Link removed ] .
For more information on our company, please visit our website at [ Link removed ] . To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at [ Link removed ] .
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an
Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies