Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking an Executive Sales Engineer- Utility to join our team. This position will be remote in the Dallas Fort Worth (DFW) area.
The Executive Sales Representative has responsibility to achieve an assigned sales quota consistent with expectations of a seasoned professional sales engineer. This position has the primary responsibility to manage and coordinate the sales effort within the customer/distributor base assigned.
The Executive Sales Representative will sell assigned product lines to all targeted customers in a targeted Market Area. Extensive knowledge of the Market area and the Utility segment is a must for this opportunity. The position’s primary objective is to optimize sales volume, product mix and profit margin. Specific functions include: Drive increase in sales in the marketplace. Manage all aspects of the customer relationship, providing sales and technical assistance with distributors, customers, end users, and specifiers. Develop a proven record of achieving assigned sales quota. Develop and implement sales plans and be aware of and responsive to market conditions and competitive activities. Communicate such information to product divisions. Maintain a cooperative and credible working relationship with other company employees to assure customer satisfaction. Manage expense allowances and submit expense reports in a timely manner.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Support total quality efforts by providing timely and accurate information for order entry, elevating quality issues to attention of management
- Ensure that accurate information flows to and from customers
- Implement new product programs as needed
- Collect, analyze, and utilize market intelligence regarding competitive products, customer needs, preferences, and buying habits
- Identify and establish market and industry relationships to drive Eaton solutions more broadly in the region.
- Team with Eaton sales and account management resources to find and manage utility sales opportunities. Lead the discussions on solutions with customers from the technical user levels to the C-suite.
- Build relationships with channel partners to provide technical and sales training and collateral to better sales pipelines.
- Conduct webinars, training and demo sessions to educate and inform market or customer audiences.
- Assist prospective customers with planning and integration details as part of the pre-sales efforts to close business opportunities. This includes responses to RFP process required as part of sales opportunities.
- Possess a strong understanding of value and benefits of the Eaton solutions for the both the channel partner and end customer conversations and have a thorough understanding Utility application of solutions.
- Manage and track pipeline activity in sales CRM software with a goal to maximize the market share Eaton products and solutions across all Utilities in the region.
- Proactively position and promote upsell opportunities to the existing client base for licenses and services to grow the software and related services footprint with existing customers.
- Contribute to the creation of technical and sales collateral for marketing and driving general market awareness of Eaton's products and solutions.
- Provide competitive market analysis and intelligence to feed the commercial programs of Eaton solutions.
- Advise of product features and requirements needed to exceed market offerings from competitors to help position Eaton as uniquely capable of meeting advanced Utility end customer needs.
- Possess strong understanding of the Utility market (Investor-owned and Public Power) as well as broad knowledge of the competitive landscape.
- Provide necessary reports requested by management in a timely manner.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited Institution
- Minimum five (5) years of electrical industry sales experience or five years utility industry experience
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Prior knowledge/experience in the Utility segment
- Strong work ethic, great interpersonal skills, competitiveness, and willingness to learn, as well as be adept at building relationships
- Knowledge of Power System products and solutions, market knowledge, established customer relationships within the market area
- Good time management, presentation/training skills, planning skills, value added selling, teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Customer Relationship Management