My client is a leading renewable energy fund with projects across Europe focusing on onshore wind, solar, energy storage projects. My client acquire, develop, build and operate assets and are committed to delivering its projects to the highest safety standards.
My client are seeking an Asset Manager for their Wind Energy Assets in Ireland. The suitable candidate should have ~ 10 years of industry experience and at least 3 years as an Asset Manager. Reporting into Head of Asset Management - Europe, this role has responsibility for managing large scale onshore wind projects from a: commercial, financial and technical basis. Someone with a contractual and stakeholder management mindset is key for this role.
The role will require the successful candidate to directly manage and take responsibility for my client’s portfolio across the UK (currently consisting of ~ 500 MWs of wind projects in total) on a day to day basis from a commercial, financial and technical basis. The Asset Manager will also intermittently take responsibility for some solar projects when required.
Duties will include:
- Taking complete responsibility for a portfolio of Wind energy projects including:
- HSE governance
- Aligning with internal stakeholders (e.g. Finance, Legal, Origination, Technical etc) across the business to enhance performance of projects
- Responsibility of project finance
- Leading the production of reports outlining financial performance, risks and technical issues
- Enhancing current asset management practices and procedures
- Ensuring wind portfolio risks and issues are managed, mitigated and reported appropriately
- Leading on O&M / asset management strategy for existing and new projects to optimise P&L over time
- Managing and ensuring both commercial and technical compliance with technical O&M contracts, land leases and other wind farm contracts
- Preparing, agreeing and managing budgets
- Ensuring operational payments are managed over time
- Procurement, management and negotiation of all project contracts / work packages
- Support the Origination Team on project development.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate experience in asset management within the renewables industry.
- Significant experience in O&M of wind assets, specifically onshore wind (as a facility engineer, technical advisor)
- A sufficient understanding of project finance documents and financial reporting
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to review and reassess priorities in response to challenging situations and deadlines
- Appropriate engineering or relevant qualification
- Asset Management
- Health Safety And Environment
- Stakeholder Management
- Financial Analysis