By joining Emerson as an IT Applications Manager, the skills and business insight gained can serve as an invaluable foundation toward developing your career within our global organization. We encourage advancement and offer development support.
You will be a key member of the European Flow Controls team of IT professionals who jointly focus on the maintenance, support, change and enhancement of our BU specific IT business applications, tools and reporting environment at our European manufacturing and service locations.
If you are an open-minded team-player, ready to improve your skillset alongside our experts, then join our Team in Korschenbroich, Germany!
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Provide on-site leadership and representation for European IT Applications in Korschenbroich
- Provide support, maintenance and oversight for all business applications. Identify, discuss, and clarify potential project requirements with business user management
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all IT stakeholders inside and outside the organization
- Cooperate within the European IT team on required activities
- Develop and subsequently maintain a good working knowledge of the business processes and applications in use
- Pro-actively look for opportunities to improve systems and processes on site. Ensure pro-active monitoring of the applications with the objective to prevent future issues.
- Be the program manager for IT (Application) projects required for KOR. Participate in execution as required and possible. Manage time and budget.
- Within the European IT Leadership Team actively participate to set and implement direction for Flow Controls European IT
- Some international travel will be required
FOR THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED:
- Solid and broad base in IT Application support in a manufacturing environment
- 5 years of working experience in an IT environment, or in a functional environment where you developed a good understanding of IT in business
- Working and interacting at degree level
- Fluent in English and German, both verbal and written
- Broad functional and technical IT skills (incl. MS-SQL)
- Understanding of SAP ECC6 – Manufacturing modules preferred
- Experience with SQL, Windows programming languages and databases
- Affinity with manufacturing related applications like 3D-CAD, CAM, Shop Floor Automation
WHO YOU ARE:
You are passionate about making an impact and always act with integrity. You continuously push yourself to achieve new goals and are not afraid to question the status quo by proposing creative solutions to problems.
OUR OFFER TO YOU
By joining Emerson as an IT Applications Manager, you will be working at the heart of our business. This means that the skills and business insight gained can serve as an invaluable foundation toward developing your career within our global organization. We offer plentiful opportunities for advancement and support this through our formal personal development planning process.
Our on-boarding program uses a blended learning approach to get you up and running as quickly as possible. You benefit from Emerson certified trainers with extensive knowledge of our customers, products and applications.
Our global Women in Stem initiative gives you the opportunity to connect with local peers that share the same interest, to promote the diversity & inclusion and early STEM education and to benefit from professional development to access leadership opportunities. Also, we are committed to maintaining a partnership with the Society of Women Engineers (SWE).
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and exceptional innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help foster fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their unique experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas and diversity of thoughts, that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers.
We encourage and support several Employee-led Resources Groups that promote a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Our global Women in Stem initiative gives you the opportunity to connect with local peers that share the same interest, to promote the diversity & inclusion and early STEM education and to benefit from professional development to access leadership opportunities.
Our LGBTQ A Group empowers our workforce regardless of their gender identity or sexual orientation, and supports the inclusion and professional development of all employees.
This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
- Business Processes