Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2020 sales of $27 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and services, please visit 6373596543700.
Linde Gases - HYCO Small Capital Project team is currently seeking an experienced Project Manager. This position will be in The Woodlands, TX.
The Project Manager understands and applies all applicable project execution work processes for execution of engineering and construction projects. Manages an array of projects including small sized maintenance and efficiency upgrades for Linde's existing fleet of production facilities.
Responsible for overall project scope, cost, scheduling and deliverables of projects and services in an assigned area, from scoping and estimating thru start-up.
- Independently manages multiple small sized project assignments simultaneously
- Project Management experience in an operating facility, with hands on engineering skills, capable of performing engineering tasks and field coordination for turn-around and maintenance related capital upgrades.
- Follows a defined engineering and project management methodology, manages, and coordinates all work within scope of assigned and ensures objectives are met and within budget. Acts as a liaison with operations, maintenance, engineering, procurement, safety and business groups.
- Responsible for managing safety and quality programs related to projects which includes development of safety plans and quality assurance plans and code regulation compliance.
- Prepares detailed project plans and controls elements of the plan.
- Analyzes costs and benefits and recommends solutions.
- Makes required adjustments to keep projects on course.
- Anticipates problems and develops contingencies. Manages project risk.
- Prepares the required reports, documents, spreadsheets, databases, graphs, cost estimates and summaries to communicate project progress or results.
- Effectively communicate and participate with cross functional groups to define scope, execute design, installation and resolve problems. Collaborates with site maintenance / TAR teams on efficient use of resources
- Coordinates project teams, outsourced engineering firms, contractors, and subcontractors. Ensures all work is being performed in accordance with project and industry safe work practices.
- Monitors project engineering and construction phase for compliance with contracts and all applicable safety rules and regulations. May supervise construction contract activities.
- Maintains ownership for specific program elements at the portfolio level (e.g. project safety plan, design safety and construction site safety plan).
- Recognizes problems or situation that are new or without clear precedent.
- Evaluates alternatives and finds solutions using a systematic approach, seeks guidance from other experienced project managers or subject matter experts to develop improvements and innovations to enhance project performance.
- Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with limited information and under tight deadlines and pressure.
- Able to discuss and establish recommendations with experienced project managers and subject matter experts.
- Develops contracting strategies to support project objectives.
- Monitors all projects phases and recommends changes to improve operating efficiency.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering required.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) a plus.
- 5 years of combined experience in engineering, project engineering, project management and/or construction management in an operating facility required.
- 5 years of related industry experience in engineering or construction, specifically in the industrial gas, and chemicals sector, required.
- Expertise in design and operation of industrial gas facilities a plus.
- Requires proficiency in project development, scope planning and definition, project plan execution, and change control processes as well as experience with effective schedule and cost control and resource planning.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a portfolio of multiple projects in an operating facility environment ranging from $0.25 MM to $2MM.
- Required domestic travel of up to 25%.
At Linde, we strive to create a work environment that treats all employees with respect, supports new thoughts and ideas, encourages growth and development, celebrates our differences, and embraces inclusion. Linde is committed to remaining an employer of choice for the diverse, ever-increasing pool of global talent. To learn more, visit About Linde.
We offer a comprehensive competitive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, health, dental, disability, life insurance, 401(k) (with matching), and pension benefits.
Linde thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview will be contacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
- Certified Project Management Professional
- Change Control
- Construction Management
- Implement Projects