Contribute. Grow. Lead…with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety-driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins,chlorine and caustic soda – key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. OxyChem's market position is among the top three producers in the United States in 2020 for the principal products it manufactures and markets. Based in Dallas, Texas, the company has manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Canada and Latin America
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Human Resources Manager with our Chemical Manufacturing Facility located in New Johnsonville, TN.
This position is accountable for managing all activities of the Human Resources Department for the New Johnsonville plant including: planning, staffing, salary administration, employee relations, communications, benefits administration, employee training & development programs, personnel administration, community/public relations, performance management, site security and medical.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provide consistent application and administration of HR policies.
- Develop and maintain open and active lines of communication with the workforce.
- Counsel and guide supervisors and employees on HR and employee relations matters.
- Provide support and resources to assist in achieving business objectives.
- Develop and conduct training and development programs to enhance employee skills, performance, and the work environment.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Requires 10+ years of professional human resources experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Working knowledge of employment regulations and practices, such as National Labor Relations Act, ADA, FMLA, FLSA, OSHA, Title VII, worker’s compensation and unemployment.
- Demonstrated successful track record in positive employee relations.
- High proficiency in Microsoft applications (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English.
- Physical Requirements – Must be able to lift 40 lbs, climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, and stooping are required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- HR experience in an industrial manufacturing setting preferred
- Experience in supervision preferred
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Family And Medical Leave Act Of 1993
Fair Labor Standards Act