Senior Staff Accountant is responsible for many critical accounting functions including analyzing the Company’s financial results and balance sheet accounts; calculating and posting journal entries; and reconciling balance sheet accounts. This position is required to analyze financial and operational information and propose solutions to complex issues in an independent manner. The results of such analyses will be presented to upper management in a written and/or verbal format.
Essential Job Functions:
- Participate in analyzing financial results for consolidated company as a whole and/or its subsidiaries to ensure that the Company’s financial results are fairly stated.
- Analysis reporting on current period results to budget, forecast and prior period financial results.
- Investigate significant or unusual variances and record correcting adjustments.
- Analysis and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts to ensure financial statement accuracy.
- Present the results to management for review within established timelines. Accounts will include certain areas of the Company’s more complex financial statement areas including inter-company, inventory, payroll, and accrued liability accounts.
- Prepare, upload, enter, and post journal entries to the general ledger.
- Work independently to calculate, analyze, and review amounts recorded in the general ledger to ensure adherence to GAAP and completeness of company activity. Also, must be able to identify issues and raise them to the attention of management in a timely manner.
- Work with domestic and international personnel to ensure that inter-company accounts and transactions agree between companies and that all variances are resolved in a timely manner.
- Participate in period ending closing requirements and year-end financial audits including preparation of audit schedules and addressing auditor inquiries.
- Provide support to quarterly CIP roll-up process, involving operations and financial teams.
- Supervision and or mentoring of junior department staff.
- Perform special accounting projects at the request of upper management.
: • The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance with a minimum of 3 years’ experience working with a multiple location organization
• CPA preferred but not required
• National Accounting firm background preferred, but not required. • Analytical and Self-directed, process improvement focused with strong analytical, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft office with advanced capabilities in Microsoft Excel • Must be able to work independently and in a team environment, prioritize work load in a timely manner, and be able to communicate effectively with all levels of staff. • Rigorous attention to detail, while understanding the bigger picture and how details fit.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products, with strong capabilities using Excel and Excel databases & pivot tables.
- Balance Sheet
- Financial Statements
- Audit Schedules
- General Ledger
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles