You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
The Structural Engineer is responsible for the activities related to an assigned organizational element, program, project, or task. In most cases the Structural Engineer will focus on buildings and structures used in a variety of areas including industrial. The Structural Engineer will normally plan, conduct, and supervise engineering design reviews and analysis assignments involving a major project or several smaller or less complex projects. These projects, by nature of their complexity and difficulty, require the fully competent application of conventional knowledge in a particular engineering or scientific field. Project work and assignments may be broad, requiring ingenuity and cross-functional coordination.
What You Will Do:
- Ensures the delivery of high-quality service and maintenance of good customer relations.
- Devises new approaches to problems encountered and makes recommendations for changes in methods, procedures, or design where necessary.
- Monitors the technical quality, content, consistency, continuity, and timeliness of action of all assigned projects.
- Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of technical responsibility. Performs engineering reviews and analyses when necessary.
- Reviews other engineers' work and provides appropriate guidance and training when necessary.
- Participates in the development and changes of Rules. Advises assigned staff in matters related to the application of Rules and Regulations.
- Prepares written responses to clients in accordance with established procedures.
- Maintains liaison with other engineering specialists internally and externally.
- Develops or assists in the development of qualification statements, proposals, bids, and other presentation materials.
What You Will Need:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Structural Engineering preferred. In some cases, with a combination of experience Civil Engineering and related disciplines may be considered.
- Minimum of five (5) years of related experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Should have advanced practical industry-related experience as it relates to structural engineering especially in the area of buildings.
- Knowledge of applicable Rules and Regulations and the impact of Rule applications and interpretations.
- The human relations skills necessary to maintain positive client contacts and provide leadership and motivation to subordinate staff and peers.
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve complex or unique engineering problems.
- Ability to undertake short- and long-term planning to provide for efficient and effective scheduling of work assignments.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English verbally and in writing.
It Would Be Nice If You Had
Professional or chartered engineer license
The incumbent Generally reports to a Principal Engineer but may report to others depending on the specific of assignment. This position does not have any direct reports.
Learn More About ABS Group's Global Solutions:
[ Link removed ]We set out more than 160 years ago to promote the security of life and property at sea and preserve the natural environment. Today, we remain true to our mission and continue to support organizations facing a rapidly evolving seascape of challenging regulations and new technologies. Through it all, we are anchored by a vision and mission that help our clients find clarity in uncertain times. ABS is a global leader in marine and offshore classification and other innovative safety, quality, and environmental services. We’re at the forefront of supporting the global energy transition at sea, the application of remote and autonomous marine systems, cutting-edge technical solutions, and many more exciting advancements. Our commitment to safety, reliability, and efficiency is ever-present, guiding our clients to safer and more efficient operations. Equal Opportunity The ABS Group of Companies is committed to the equal employment opportunity of its employees and prohibits discrimination against any employee or qualified applicant based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status, or other non-work-related characteristics that may be protected under the law of the Federal Government or specific state employment laws. Notice ABS and Affiliated Companies (ABS) will not pay a fee to any third-party agency without a valid ABS Master Service Agreement (MSA) authorized and signed by Human Resources. Any resume, CV, application, or other forms of candidate submission provided to any employee of ABS without a valid MSA on file will be considered property of ABS, and no fee will be paid. Other This job description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job of the incumbent. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the principal job elements essential for making a fair decision regarding the pay structure of the job. #ogjsThe Structural Engineer is responsible for the activities related to an assigned organizational element, program, project, or task. In most cases the Structural Engineer will focus on buildings and structures used in a variety of areas including industrial. The Structural Engineer will normally plan, conduct, and supervise engineering design reviews and analysis assignments involving a major project or several smaller or less complex projects. These projects, by nature of their complexity and difficulty, require the fully competent application of conventional knowledge in a particular engineering or scientific field. Project work and assignments may be broad, requiring ingenuity and cross-functional coordination.
- Customer Relationship Management
- Engineering Design Process
Job ID: 462