Eaton’s Field Service Customer Support division, a part of our Electrical sector, is currently seeking a UPS Field Service Area Supervisor to join our team. This position is based out of Tukwila, WA. Relocation is available for candidates currently located within the United States.
The UPS Field Service Area Supervisor is responsible for directing and coordinating the activities of the UPS Field Service regional operations toward achieving sales, profit and growth goals, while continually improving quality and customer service levels within the UPS service groups.
As the window to the local market, the Area Supervisor’s charge is to increase the net present value of Eaton’s relationship with assigned territory customers by driving near-term revenue and positioning Eaton for larger wins in the future. The Area Supervisor is responsible for leading & developing his or her direct reports, field service electronics technicians, to drive top performance and world class customer support.
At Eaton, our Power Quality service team delivers solutions to some of our customers’ most challenging energy management requirements. We are looking for people who bring the passion for leadership and can drive innovation and engineering excellence. Let’s talk about your future with Eaton!
Eaton Corporation’s Power Quality Division designs Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) systems, batteries, and electronic based products to ensure reliability in the most demanding applications. UPS systems condition power to protect against power quality hazards, as well as provide continuous backup power during outages. Like an automobile, UPS systems require preventative maintenance to ensure optimal performance.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Assure the safety of employees who work in low, medium, and high voltage work environments.
- Ensures strict compliance with safety policies, trains and implements safety programs, ensures safety equipment resources are available and properly tested, acts as a safety liaison with customers.
- Assure an effective and skilled team through recruiting, assessment of talent (find gaps and follow action plans to fill gaps), training & development, and communication.
- Provide leadership and direction to ensure professional growth for technicians.
- Act as sales and marketing agent in conjunction with Sales Team to ensure top line sales objectives are met. Identify and develop prospective new customers.
- Keep current on the trends and significant issues in the local marketplace.
- Develop forwarding looking profit plan and monthly forecasts with accuracy so that the operation meets these numbers on a monthly (and even daily) basis.
- Be responsible for procurement, efficient execution / ability to execute to sales quotes, cost control, leveraging subcontractors, inventory management, managing receivables and turn of backlog and projects.
- Handle escalation procedures in accordance with our 24/7 service business.
- Make sound business decisions on the fly when support functions are unavailable.
- Act as a good corporate citizenship and demonstrates behavior aligned with the Eaton Leadership profile.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.Qualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
- Minimum two (2) years of leading a service or engineering unit OR 5 years of people leadership experience
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- Experience leading a remote team.
- Strong knowledge of uninterruptable power systems and control products, as well as field service practices and procedures and quality programs.
- Demonstrated success in: a) driving zero incident safety culture; b); performance results; c) building high performance teams; d) leading cross-functionally; e) developing and retaining leaders; f) driving organizational change.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities aligned with the Eaton Leader profile.
- Strong financial and business acumen.
- Strong collaborative skills; ability to successfully work in a matrix environment.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD FSCS Field Service Customer Support
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time