We are SGS – the world’s leading testing, inspection and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. Our 93,000 employees operate a network of 2,600 offices and laboratories, working together to enable a better, safer and more interconnected world.
- Undertake routine preparations and analysis of soil and water samples.
- Ensure equipment and laboratory is kept clean to avoid contamination, and to protect company assets.
- Carry out scheduled instrument calibration and maintenance in accordance with written procedures.
- Assist in receiving, unpacking and registering samples received.
- Assist in the disposal of samples as required.
- Understand and adapt general laboratory QA/QC criteria and NATA accreditation requirements.
- Ensure that safety and personal protective equipment (PPE) is used correctly and when necessary.
- Report immediately on any unsafe work condition or equipment to your Supervisor.
- Perform other duties as directed by your Supervisor
- TAFE or tertiary qualification in Science or Chemistry.
- Previous experience working within a laboratory environment (Environmental laboratory preferred).
- Flexibility with working hours and tasks
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- High level of integrity
- Collaborates Effectively
WHY WORK FOR SGS?
Working at SGS means joining an innovative, global Company. Let’s break down what that means for you.
- As a Company, we have embraced the shift to flexible work. We encourage our employees, wherever operationally possible, to work in arrangements that support a work-life balance.
- We’re a Company who believe our impact on society is important, so Sustainability is embedded in our culture and the way we do business.
Paid Parental leave scheme for 8 weeks for eligible employees.
- We are driven to ensure we have a positive impact on our local communities through paid employee volunteering days and regularly encouraging time off to donate blood.
Health & Wellbeing is important to us, which is why we offer annual health club membership rebates and discounted private health insurance, as well as a supportive Employee Assistance Program.
Ongoing learning & development is vital to the success of any Company. We believe in investing in our employees, so we offer education assistance programs and encourage the use of our online learning platform.
Career Development Opportunities (nationally and Globally)
COME TO WORK AND BE 100% YOU
SGS Australia supports a diverse workforce and we encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities, and cultures – including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability. Providing employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people is an important part of our SGS Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP). We truly believe the diversity among us will continue to foster a strong, innovative and forward-thinking workplace.
SGS Australia acknowledges and pays respect to the past, present and future Traditional Custodians and Elders of this nation and the continuation of cultural, spiritual, and educational practices of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Personal Protective Equipment