If you are an experienced welder looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you based in Burlington, NJ! Candidates should be able to lay out, set up, weld and apply hard surfaces on a variety of parts according to the Company’s FMP welding procedures/specifications.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Examines shop order to ascertain part, material, operation and quantities.
- Checks parts against print and shop orders for dimensions and weld size to be applied.
- Selects and adjusts current, polarity, voltage, filler material, shielding gas, etc., in accordance with welding procedure specified.
- Interprets welding symbols, sets up, tacks and welds parts together according to procedure specified.
- Ensures parts are free from paint, varnish, scale rust, etc., in area to be welded. Grinds and cleans parts as necessary.
- Uses oxyacetylene/MAPP torch to preheat and maintain preheat as required by welding procedure specified.
- Measures inter-pass temperature when required by the weld procedure specification using a pyrometer.
- Positions parts to be welded using the table or welding positioner.
- Responsible for personal safety and those around him/her. Can maintain excellent housekeeping standards.
- Participates in field work when required, which requires overnight stays from time to time.
- Participation and involvement in Safety, Quality, and Activities Committees.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHO YOU ARE:
You build and deliver solutions that meet customer expectations, effectively communicate in various settings and stayed productive and aligned with your goals.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- High School diploma
- Ability to operate heat treating ovens for stress relieving of metals per specification.
- Experience with tools, equipment, and processes including:
- Various electrical welding processes including satellite hard facing
- Oxyacetylene torch
- Material handling equipment, i.e.., overhead cranes, tow-motor, pallet jacks
- Heat treating ovens
- Electrical grinders
- Welding positioner
- Hot rod boxes
- Legal authorization to work in the United States –
- Travel to customer sites as needed
- General shop environment
[ Link removed ]
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. [ Link removed ] .
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our[ Link removed ] and about [ Link removed ] .
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to [ Link removed ] .
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $18.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. We are innovators, question-askers and problem-solvers. We don’t settle for good enough or “This is the way it’s always been done.” Instead, we push ourselves and strive for the “never been done before.”
Our Automation Solutions business enables the greatest use of the world's most valuable resources, ensuring the performance and safety of industries that are the backbone of daily life.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
No calls or agencies please.
Oxy Fuel Welding And Cutting
Oil And Gas