: Performs installations, troubleshooting, repairs, routine maintenance, and calibrations of water and wastewater treatment plant equipment and related equipment/facilities. Tasks include but are not limited to mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic skill sets.
Education & Experience:
Associate degree or completion of a vocational program in electrical/mechanical maintenance or related program with 2 years of practical experience
Skills & Abilities:
Demonstrated proficiency in the operation and maintenance of plant mechanical and electrical equipment.
Must obtain one of the following two certifications as soon as eligibility requirements have been met.
Class II Water Distribution License or
Class II Wastewater Collection License.
The ability to use a computer keyboard effectively.
The ability to orally communicate by phone & person to person. The ability to see and read printed material.
The ability to lift, carry, and use heavy tools & materials.
The ability to climb ladders and perform work from heights up to 200 feet. The ability to safely operate a standard equipped company motor vehicle. The ability to enter/exit 22” diameter access-ways and work in confined spaces. The ability to perform heavy manual labor for extended periods of time.
The ability to walk many miles per day over rough terrain.
Indoor and outdoor conditions. Exposure to 480 voltage power and lower. AC and DC. Exposure to wastewater. Exposure to water/wastewater treatment chemicals: chlorine, sulfur dioxide, hydrofluorsilicic acid, potassium permanganate, and laboratory reagents from suppliers into the feed systems in accordance with all federal and state regulations. Works in permit required confined spaces.
Must have and maintain a valid Tennessee class “B” license with a “Government Only” endorsement within six months of employment.
Must maintain an operating telephone and furnish the number to his/her supervisor.
- Installs, upgrades, maintains, repairs, calibrates, and cleans all water and wastewater treatment plant equipment, pump stations, lift stations, and other water/wastewater facilities including but not limited to: buildings, pumps, blowers and aerating equipment, traveling bridges, screening equipment, conveying equipment, motors, wells, chemical feeders, valves, control/monitoring equipment, and all other components related to water and wastewater related treatment.
- Performs preventative maintenance, repair, and cleaning of all water and wastewater storage tanks, pressure reducing valves, air relief valves, altitude valves, and related tools and equipment.
- Performs daily maintenance duties on plant and remote pumping equipment as needed.
- Performs maintenance on all hydraulic, hydrauhyd, electrical, and mechanical equipment.
- Installs, maintains, calibrates, and troubleshoots DC circuits related to the water and wastewater treatment plants and related facilities.
- Maintains and troubleshoots all AC circuits and Motor Control Centers in the water and wastewater systems.
- Troubleshoots and maintains SCADA hardware as well as Remote Terminal Units (RTU’s).
- Maintains, troubleshoots, upgrades, installs various brands of programmable logic controllers (PLC’s) including some programming and modifying.
- Maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs water and wastewater system pumping stations.
- Performs maintenance and preventative maintenance on all AC and DC motors.
- Performs maintenance and preventative maintenance on wells. (water only).
- Performs maintenance and preventative maintenance on all other water and wastewater related equipment.
- Performs calibrations and maintenance on all water and wastewater treatment plant control and monitoring devices (electronic, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, etc.).
- Performs calibrations and maintenance on all water and wastewater remote pumping equipment and facilities.
- Maintains accurate records and logs including flow records.
- Completes periodic reports as required by regulatory agencies.
- Orders parts, supplies and equipment and maintains appropriate inventories.
- Responds to emergency calls and participates in weekly call-out rotations.
- Observes all safety procedures.
- Operates digital test meters (volt meters, oscilloscopes, etc.).
- Programs logic controllers.
- Performs additional duties as requested.
This is a full time position
- Computer Keyboards
- Confined Spaces
- Electrical Installation Work