You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
About this role: Safety Advisor
Our global Oil & Gas client is seeking a Safety Advisor to provide field safety support, coaching and mentoring to field and supervisors at their Longford VIC location.
Brunel Australasia are currently partnering with one of worlds premier petroleum and petrochemical companies. They have a great reputation for creating a safety-focused culture.
The Safety Advisor provides safety & health support to the site leadership team and the Engineering, Procurement, and Construction Contractor's organization.
In some cases, responsibilities may extend to other Safety, Security, Health, and Environmental (Safety, Security, Health, and Environment (SSHE) ) issues, status, and metrics.
- Provide ongoing support to proponent organizations to assist them in implementing the Safety Management System and in meeting safety objectives and expectations.
- This support includes: assisting Business Lines in developing safety processes related to risk assessment and management, safety training, asset integrity, safe operations, contractor safety, emergency preparedness, incident investigations, etc.
- Conduct field inspections of onshore and offshore oil/gas facilities, project construction sites, drilling rigs, and support facilities such office buildings, warehouses, and communities. This includes working with BL to identify safety concerns, formulate solutions, and develop practical and cost-effective corrective actions.
- Participate in various safety studies/activities, such as: PHAs, HAZOPs, JSAs, incident investigations, compliance reviews, or insurance surveys.
What you need to bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
- Demonstrated work experience in construction safety-related positions (including some prior oil & gas experience)
- In depth knowledge of security processes and procedure
- Proficient in use of computers and programs such as PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Microsoft Office
- Prefer prior experience working in a multicultural / multilingual, emerging nation, environment
- Willingness to travel
- Demonstrated ability (through past project successes) to deliver excellence in project SSHE performance
- Demonstrated ability to develop successful internal and external working relationships with emphasis on interfacing in a team environment
- Ability to work in harsh environments (examples include temperature and / or humidity extremes, remote locations with limited amenities) with changing priorities
- Ability to set priorities and work independently in performing contractor services with an appreciation for company processes and procedure
- This role is based at Longford Victoria
- Monday- Friday
- 12 month contract (potential to be extended)
- Great Culture | Safety Focused | Professional Team
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
- Asset Integrity Management Systems
- Diversity Awareness
- Drilling Rig
- Emergency Preparedness
Job ID: PUB402042