PURPOSE AND SCOPE
Perform water/non water (organic) analysis on samples from both internal and external customers, and prepare laboratory report to Operation teams of the businesses in Singapore market and external customers.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Manage a team of lab assistant analyst to perform daily activities and ensure implementation and maintenance of certification standards for laboratory (e.g. ISO 9001, ISO17025)
2) Assist Chief Chemist in planning and managing the resources and budget to execute the activities of the laboratory operation to ensure performance and compliance with regulatory and company's standards and requirements.
3) In charge of daily management of the lab including organization and scheduling all water/non water (organic) chemistry analysis jobs, results verification, timely releasing of analysis reports, chemical/consumable/equipment planning & procurement, and proper documentation for traceability.
4) Review and/or develop new analysis method and method validation to improve results accuracy and wider range of test elements.
5) Provide training to staff & maintain lab safety and staff competency
6) Calibrate and maintain lab equipment to minimize disruption to laboratory operations and meet ISO requirement.
7) Troubleshoot on instruments’ breakdown for repair and analysis error to ensure accuracy of results
1) Maintaining the lab operation according to ISO requirement in an efficient way.
2) Maintaining laboratory equipment, including troubleshooting during breakdown
KEY DECISIONS & DIMENSIONS
1) Verification of test results
2) Method validation
3) Scheduling and work allocation
4) Ensure compliance to ISO 17025 accreditation standard
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
1) Degree in Chemistry preferred. Other science and engineering degree holder with relevant lab experiences will also be considered.
2) Minimum 4 years working experience in analytical laboratory testing/management environment.
3) Working experiences in accredited laboratory preferred.
PREFERRED SKILLS & CHARACTERISTICS
1) Good Team Leader and able to deliver results within tight deadlines
2) Independent and self-initiated with positive altitude.
3) Good communication and organization skills.
4) Passionate about and familiar with lab operation, calibration, quality and system
5) Responsible and take pride in work
** We regret to inform only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)