Ewi's client is one of America's premier commercial construction companies. Their reputation for tackling the toughest building challenges starts with a focus on building high-performing teams that collaborate with clients and industry partners starting in the earliest stages of design, throughout construction and beyond project completion. With offices and employees nationwide, they specialize in a wide range of project types including healthcare, education, renewable energy, marine, water/wastewater, commercial office and retail, hospitality/entertainment and airports.
Ewi;s client Renewables Group is currently looking for an Estimating Manager with expertise in the solar market. The Estimating Manager participates in all aspects of the bid/estimating process from review of plans and specs to soliciting and negotiating prices from contractors/suppliers through completion of bid/estimating effort including closeout. Performs quantity take-off, pricing, scoping, and bidding of construction projects involving more complex trade packages and EPC work.
This role will also support commercial construction operations, with particular emphasis on leading solar and other renewable design and construction work.
- Support as appropriate the conceptual and detailed design of solar electrical systems.
- Challenges design concept and assumptions and presents ideas to Precon team.
- Performs quantity take-offs.
- Assists in the pricing and bidding of commercial, renewable, substation, and battery storage projects.
- Supports team with overall electrical system design analysis.
- Communicates with, engineers and consultants to clarify scope of work, materials, and schedule requirements.
- Prepares qualifications and assumptions that align with the contractual requirements of the project.
- Design review of electrical drawings, specifications, calculations, and studies.
- Review of electrical studies including but not limited to load flow, reactive power capability, short circuit, relay coordination and arc flash.
- Conduct site visits and inspections as necessary.
- Conducts reviews of milestone design documents to identify, develop and price value alternative opportunities in order to provide enhanced value to our clients.
- Actively participates in the internal estimate review process.
- Assists with final assembly of estimate for presentation to owner.
- Collects and organizes all bid information for future reference.
- Aids field operations with change order pricing if needed.
- Directs, coordinates, and provides information and documents to subcontractors.
- Prepares contractual exhibits for scope of work for subcontracts.
- Prepares and submits contract documents for legal and risk reviews.
- Participates in Design Build, Hard Bid and GMP budgeting activities by soliciting subcontractor support and evaluating bids.
- Builds relationships with subcontractors and vendors to obtain a competitive advantage for the company.
- Attends industry events and represents the company to the industry in a professional capacity.
- Builds and maintains relationships with internal company clients.
- Keeps current with latest estimating technology and techniques.
- Implement all applicable Safety Programs and EEO/Affirmative Action Programs.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or Engineering and 2-5 years of equivalent experience required.
- General knowledge of Electrical principles and processes.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications.
- General knowledge of negotiated bids, hard bids, and GMP processes.
- Working knowledge of estimating technology and tools such as OST, Accubid, Tra-ser, and BIM related software.
- Excellent computer skills, and proficient with Microsoft Office products such as Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
- Strong math and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Attention to detail at a high level.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with company core values.
- Maintains a 'value added' approach to estimating.
EWI Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
- Attention To Detail
- Construction Management
- Electrical Installation Work