Are you able to successfully manage multidisciplinary technology project teams and drive the execution of strategic R&D projects and/or early phase technology in Downstream Research and Development? Can you get accustomed quickly to new challenges, and take an interest in successfully implementing MOL’s strategy in DS R&D, in particular in the area of project delivery?
If yes, then you may be the person we are looking for to join Downstream Research and Development as an R&D Project Manager based in Budapest. Here is your chance to become part of MOL’s growth story!
MOL Group is an independent, multinational oil, gas and petrochemical company headquartered in Budapest/Hungary. Its diverse portfolio includes oil and gas exploration with production assets around the globe, gas midstream, downstream activities ranging from refining and polyolefin businesses to new areas including recycling, compounding and polyol, as well as an extensive retail network.
As part of our 2030 SHAPE TOMORROW strategy, we are committed to our vision to be a key player in the low carbon circular economy in Central and Eastern Europe and to maintain profitability on our journey towards net-zero.
We are committed to doing business in a responsible and sustainable manner, supporting communities and striving to meet the best possible health, safety and security standards wherever it operates. Therefore, we constantly need to adapt to new technologies, societal changes and evolving customer needs.
- Be responsible for initiating, planning, executing and closing R&D-related early phase CAPEX projects connected to strategic growth areas of MOL Group, e.g. in the field of sustainability and new technologies. Ensure the completeness of business cases justifying each project, define project charter, scope and high quality definition of requirements. Develop and implement resource and project management plans. Ensure the on-time delivery of defined scope in budget.
- Establish and manage small project teams to achieve objectives while creating a working environment that allows everyone to perform to the best of their abilities. Provide strategic direction to project teams as well as handling day-to-day project execution and communications.
- Be the primary contact for both internal and external stakeholders of the project. Regularly report to all relevant stakeholders and decision-making bodies. Ensure transparent availability of information and manages stakeholders to ensure project success and customer satisfaction.
- Manage project risks, ensure that risk management and risk acceptance criteria are in place and defined risk response plans are elaborated and followed up by project owners.
- Ensure project documentation according to best practices, including that risks and lessons learned during the project are well documented to support the development of the Project Management culture within MOL Group, particularly in the DS R&D community.
- Contribute to idea generation initiatives as well as to technical and commercial analyses of new R&D project proposals.
- Contribute to the further development and dissemination of Project Management standards/ methodologies within Downstream R&D.
- MSc in chemical engineering, chemistry, MA in economics, MBA or equivalent; PM certification is an advantage; (PMP, PRINCE2 or equivalent)
- 2-4 years of relevant professional experience;
- Expertise in project management or project work;
- Excellent verbal and written communication as well as strong presentation and organization skills; customer oriented mindset; ability to manage and motivate project team members; problem solving capabilities;
- Advanced English knowledge (C1 or higher) is required, Hungarian, Slovakian, Croatian language knowledge is an advantage;
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office tools; intermediate user of Microsoft Project or equivalent;
- International experience is an advantage;
- Driver’s license Category B.
What we offer:
- Work in MOL Headquarter near Infopark
- Work for one of the largest companies in Central Europe with stable background and multicultural environment
- Remote working (home office) option
- Work-related travelling possibilities
- Professional challenges, empowerment in work
- Professional trainings and career opportunities within MOL Group
- A competitive salary package including fixed & variable bonus elements
- Free health program and participating in vivid company organized events
Please visit our site to get familiar with our strategy: [ Link removed ]
- Certified Project Management Professional
- Chemical Engineering