Requisition ID: 143139
Job Level: Mid Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
As a Testing & Commissioning Engineer, your purpose will be to support and execute the validation program to demonstrate the Technical, RAM, Safety & Security requirements of the project scope. You will directly interact with designers and sub-contractors, working with Designers / Design systems integration, QA/QC Engineers, Systems Assurance Engineer / Coordinators, Construction team, Testing & Commissioning Team, Subcontractors / Vendors.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design-Build team is driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects. Through our integrated design and construction approach, our multi-disciplinary team works together to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-focused engineers work collaboratively with our estimators and builders to design solutions that are innovative, constructible, and designed with a focus on safety. Clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and best practices for all projects that we support.
Kiewit’s management and implementation of this process leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that exceeds client expectations and furthers Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This position is based out of our Ottawa LRT office in Ottawa, Ontario.
- Draft documents related to Testing & Commissioning program (Inspection Test Plan, Test Procedures for functional, performance, Interface and integration tests)
- Review the Testing & Commissioning documents prepared by the Vendor / Sub-contractor against project requirements and functional and technical specifications (Test procedures, operation & maintenance manuals, etc.)
- Manage, carry out, participates in the Testing & Commissioning activities for the scope he/she is in charge
- Witness Tests activities and prepare Test Reports
- Assess and validate test report from Vendor / Subcontractor, follow-up and report the progress of the Test activities for the scope he/she in charge
- Liaise with the Designer, Vendor / Subcontractor, RAM & Safety/security, Construction, in relation with his/her Test activities
- Manage master defect / punch list and ensure all issues recorded during witnessed and executed testing are registered as required by governing process and progressed towards resolution
- Perform verification of prerequisite testing and development of testing schedule for commissioning activities
- Liaise with the Integration Manager to identify interfaces issues and provide accurate interface fault statements for proper troubleshooting methodologies to be used to resolve the faults; and
- Overseeing re-testing, if necessary; and submit certified test reports.
- Coordinating with construction to resolve discrepancies
Within the Project team, the T&C Engineer will ensure information is coordinated efficiently & effectively with all project stakeholders.
He/she will assist the T&C Manager in Interface and with Stakeholders such as:
- Operator and Maintainer
- Authorities Having Jurisdiction
- Bachelor's degree in electrical, mechanical, industrial, civil with field experience in commissioning facilities, or equivalent field experience
- Professional Engineer designation an asset but not required
- 5+ years of related experience
- Able to collect the validation evidence of the project requirements for compliance with contractual requirements.
- Basic knowledge in Systems Assurance i.e. Requirement Management / RAM / Safety & Security
- Ability in Technical Coordination and Interface Management
- Communicates effectively orally and in writing. Present ideas clearly and in professional manner.
- Participates on teams effectively. Accepts direction from the team. Individually contributes to success of the team.
- Supports project teams and departments in a positive and productive manner. Works well with other to accomplish common goals and objectives.
- Follows through on commitments made to internal and external customers.
- Able to manage multiple responsibilities with set expectations and meet deadlines
- Absent an approved exemption, due to federal, state, local, provincial and/or client-requirements, this position may require an individual to be fully vaccinated by a Health Canada-approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccine or undergo weekly testing upon hire and as a condition of continued employment.
We believe in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination and comply with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
- Contract Management
- Infrastructure Management
- Managing Client Expectations