Jacobs is looking for a motivated, multidisciplined individual to join our transit group as an Electrification Specialist. In this role you’ll contribute to on-going vehicle electrification work, while developing an expertise that will be used to secure additional work moving forward.
As an Electrification Specialist you’ll keep up to date on the latest electric vehicle battery and charging technology trends, develop a full understanding of current electric vehicle vendors and offerings, and communicate this knowledge to management or clients as required.
- Author technical specifications for electric vehicles and charging equipment
- Author White Papers on various topics surrounding electric vehicles and supporting infrastructure
- Represent Jacobs as a battery electric vehicle and charging infrastructure subject matter expert
- Project management and report writing as needed
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
- BS or higher in engineering or science
- 3 years industry
- Knowledge of electric vehicles and charging technology
- Knowledge of different zero emission propulsion types such as battery and hydrogen fuel cell vehicles
- Experience working with large vehicle fleets
- Working knowledge of batteries, including fabrication, degradation, and recycling
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience maintaining effective technical relationships with suppliers, customer and internal (and external) departments
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Experience working with electric vehicles, mass transit, or both
- Experience with SAE standard related to electric vehicles and charging infrastructure
- Knowledge of battery bus and charger vendors
- Knowledge of electrical power generation and transmission
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under URL blocked - click to apply
and [ Link removed ]