0 suggestions are available, use up and down arrow to navigate them
You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Air Products Middle East Industrial Gasses LLC Al Khobar, Eastern Province Full-Time
Position: Junior Lawyer
Reports to: Deputy General Counsel
Reports to: Deputy General Counsel
PurposeUnder the direction of the General Counsel, the Junior Lawyer will provide general corporate / commercial legal services to ensure that the Company complies with all regulatory and contractual obligations, and that the various departments within the Company are properly supported to achieve their objectives.
- Providing accurate, relevant, and timely advice to the General Counsel and other colleagues within the Company on a variety of legal topics that relate to the business of the Company.
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating various commercial contracts, NDAs, MOUs, LOIs and legal correspondences.
- Supporting the Supply Chain department by providing legal advice on procurement issues, and by assisting in negotiations where deviations to the standard templates are necessary.
- Managing and mitigating legal risks by designing and implementing company policies and procedures.
- Recommending departmental policies/procedures to the General Counsel.
- Ensuring compliance with all laws and regulations that apply to the Company.
- Performing the compliance monitoring program, on semi-annual basis.
- Performing the Code of Conduct training sessions to all employees of the Company on an annual basis.
- Promoting legal, compliance and risk management best practice throughout the Company.
- Communicating with and managing any third-parties such as external counsel or auditors.
- Designing and delivering legal training to colleagues within the Company on specific and relevant areas of the law.
- Staying up-to-date with changes to legislation, particularly in relation to laws, rules and regulations that directly affect the Company.
- Instructing, liaising with and directing outside legal counsel in relation to legal matters affecting the Company.
- Preparing a monthly Legal Department internal report providing information on new laws, rules and regulations affecting the Company, and status of all matters pending with the legal department.
- Being the point of contact with auditors in the audit of the legal department, and ensuring that all observations/recommendations made by the auditors are addressed within the relevant deadlines.
- Performing the duties of the General Counsel as requested.
- Performing any other tasks as requested by the Deputy General Counsel.
- Bachelor degree in Law; MA or BSc in Business Administration will be considered an advantage
- Current license to practice law (or eligibility for one)
- 5-8 years relevant post qualification experience
- Highly developed organizational ability, sound judgment and attention to detail
- Self-initiating and takes a pro-active approach towards projects; seeks direction and advice as needed but is also prepared to take ownership and progress tasks independently
- Able to work under pressure and remain focused
- Able to communicate in Arabic and excellent command of English (written and verbal) effectively and clearly in a multi-cultural environment.
- Builds credibility and strong relationships with stakeholders
- Understands and promotes connections between other practice/industry groups and departments
- First class drafting and communication skills
- Must be able to work well with others in a fast-paced team environment.
- Possess a strong working knowledge of Word, Excel, and other Microsoft Office programs.
- Self-motivated with a high sense of professional ethics and integrity.
- Professional attitude with a strong sense of discretion to keep sensitive information secure and private
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills when working with colleagues and outside parties
- Strong organizational abilities and time management skills to handle many matters at once
- Attention To Detail
- Business Administration
- Conflict Management
Job ID: 752951