Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech is seeking applications from qualified individuals for a resident Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for an anticipated USAID energy project in Tunisia. This energy project will assist the Government of Tunisia in its effort to meet increasing demand for electricity and promote energy conservation by: 1) leveraging available external sources of assistance to catalyze renewable energy development, 2) creating the necessary conditions for supporting and facilitating private sector-led energy investments, and 3) supporting efficiency improvement interventions. The position is full-time and is contingent upon contract award. The DCOP will support the COP in implementing the project and be responsible for providing day-to-day project leadership in the management of operational staff and oversight of cross-cutting technical services. This is a five-year fixed-term appointment with benefits.
- Work closely with the technical staff and COP to achieve defined project results, produce deliverables on schedule, and build successful partnerships with stakeholders, counterparts and the donor community.
- Assist the COP with day-to-day project management and quality control support to improve the overall responsiveness to USAID.
- Manage the preparation and production of the project’s progress reports, workplans and other contractual deliverables.
- Supervise the project’s cross-cutting staff and related activities including training, monitoring and evaluation, communications, gender integration, and environmental compliance.
- Assist the COP in collaborating with home office staff on work-planning, activity design, scheduling and implementation, drafting technical justifications for USAID approvals, reporting and budgeting.
- Coordinate with the home office in Arlington, VA on the sourcing, recruiting, hiring, deployment, and onboarding of staff, consultants, and subcontractors.
- Maintain and update the project budget to mitigate cost overruns.
- Provide leadership and support during project start-up and close-out regarding setting up the project office, operations and logistics, recruitment, on-boarding and staff administration, etc.
- Act as a liaison to the home office for day-to-day problem-solving.
- Serve as an acting Chief of Party (COP) in the absence of the COP.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Essential KSA’s required (experience, skills, education, certification, etc.):
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in the implementation of complex international development projects.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in the international development field, including engineering, policy, legal, finance, economics, and/or other related field. A Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- At least 5 years providing management of operations on a USAID or other donor-funded energy project.
- Supervisory experience in the international development industry, specifically with long-term field staff and short-term U.S., third country, and local experts.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and/or experiences in financial planning and management, and procurement, among other management support areas/functions.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with senior national and local government officials, the private sector and civil society.
- A proven record of excellent management, administrative and organizational skills.
- Excellent leadership skills including strategic thinking, decision-making, oral and written communications, ability to motivate and collaborate with others to achieve team goals.
Valued but not required KSA’s:
- Fluency in French and/or Arabic.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting [ Link removed ] .
For more information on our company, please visit our website at [ Link removed ] . To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at [ Link removed ] .
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an
Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies