For our Asset Management Team we are looking for you to implement and develop the strategy for decarbonizing Uniper's existing European asset fleet while maximizing the commercial value by taking full advantage of changes in the business environment!
What we offer
At Uniper, we believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work. We offer competitive salaries, company pensions and performance related benefits. Our people can also take advantage of our extensive flexible benefits package with discounts on high street vouchers, health and dental care, holidays and more.
How we work
Our people are key to our success. Our core objective is to provide them with a supportive and entrepreneurial work environment that fosters collaboration. This allows our people to take responsibility and make optimal use of their skills. Together, we want to shape the future of energy.
What we are looking for
- Development of Uniper’s European asset strategy and implementation for all assets across all technologies and regions
- Lead the transformation of Uniper sites and operational assets to net carbon zero by 2035 while protecting value, security of supply and customer interests
- Development and implementation of innovative development (e.g. partnering, contracting, build & sell, etc.), financing (e.g. project finance, strategic equity investment, etc.) and operating (build-own-operate / sell) models
- Leading of activities in relation to development of Uniper’s portfolio of non-operational sites through effective program and stakeholder management incl. leading negotiations with contractual partners and authorities on asset sales, demolition, and site conditions post operations with support from other Uniper functions
- Provision of commercial steering and guidance with support for all relevant processes such as MTP, SD/FD, Capex/Opex prioritization, hedging strategies, corporate strategy, business development, M&A, etc, as required
- Lead the process of bidding Uniper coal assets into closure auctions with engagement of key stakeholders
- Leading the Making Net Zero Possible project, aimed at developing technology (hydrogen-firing, CCS/U, biofuels) to decarbonize Uniper’s gas turbine fleet
Who we are seeking
- Excellent university degree in economics, engineering and/or science
- Significant experience in leading international and interdisciplinary teams of executives and senior professionals
- As a minimum, 10 years of professional experience in international asset operation, origination & project development in a generation and trading environment
- Deep knowledge of energy markets and Uniper’s asset base and performance across all regions and technologies
- Very strong analytical skills and commercial thinking with ability to translate complex analysis into concrete commercial proposals and actions
- Extensive knowledge of energy wholesale and environmental markets, as well as regulatory frameworks, legislations and policies relevant for Uniper’s business
- High degree of entrepreneurial thinking and initiative, high energy and positive, “can-do” attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English language (additional languages welcome)
- Ability to communicate effectively at senior levels (director and board level)
If you have any questions about this role, please contact:
[ Link removed ]
Please note that applications by e-mail cannot be considered for data protection reasons.
Part time possible,
Uniper is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from appropriately qualified and suitable candidates regardless of gender, origin, disability, age, religion, worldview, sexual identity or family status. We promote diversity, equality and flexible working.
- Commercial Awareness
- Project Finance