Job Title : CHIEF ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT
Reference Code : OG-7003444
QatarEnergy is an integrated national oil corporation that stands at the forefront of efforts for the long term sustainable development, utilization and monetization of oil and gas resources in the State of Qatar. In its efforts to become one of the best national energy companies in the world, QatarEnergy's activities and those of its subsidiaries and joint ventures, encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally. They include the exploration, refining and production, marketing, and sale of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids(NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum. As an integrated corporation, QatarEnergy's activities also include marketing and sale of oil and gas and other various products. QatarEnergy's operations and activities are conducted at various onshore locations, including Doha, Dukhan and the Mesaieed and Ras Laffan Industrial Cities; and at various offshore areas, such as offshore oilfields production stations, drilling platforms, Halul oil export island, and the North Field, which is the largest single non-associated gas reservoir in the world covering an area of 6,000 square kilometers. The utilization of this field’s massive reserves has become a primary national goal to continue the development and prosperity of the country. QatarEnergy pays the utmost attention to the health and safety of its employees, contractors, visitors and the local communities where it operates. From drilling to construction, operations to decommissioning, QatarEnergy's health, safety and environment policy forms an integral part of the corporation’s daily business and long term planning. QatarEnergy is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, QatarEnergy is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
BUDGETING & GRP FIN MNGMT REPORTING
Primary purpose of job
1. Assist the supervisor in the timely finalization of Annual Budget, Budget Revisions, Supplementary Budget, Operating Expenditure and Other Operating Income Schedules, Budget Flash Reports, Variance Analysis and adhoc reports to Management.
2. Ensure compliance with Budget Procedures issued by Finance Directorate and applicable Inter-Departmental procedures issued by Organization and Systems Department.
3. Responsible to create and maintain document filing system.
4. Assist the supervisor in evaluating Operating Expenditure and Other Operating Income Budget and review actual expenditure against budget on a periodic basis.
Experience & Skills
1. Over 3 years of experience in a reputed organization / audit firm preferably with exposure to Oil and Gas Industry. Exposure to Reporting, Budgeting, Costing, Financial Analysis and/or Consolidation is preferred.
2. Knowledge in International Financial Reporting Standards, Net Present Value, Internal Rate of Return, and Costing is preferable.
3. Good interpersonal, communication, coordination and teamwork skills.
4. Good command of English language (verbal and written skills) and computer systems with expertise in Microsoft applications (in particular Excel and PowerPoint) and good working experience in integrated database system is essential (SAP preferred).
5. Works with confidentiality, integrity and ethics; follows policies and procedures of the Corporation; proactive, innovative, improvising and seeks opportunities for continuous improvement.
6. Ability to work effectively in diverse, virtual and multi-cultural environments. Readily available to assimilate information and highly flexible in approach to adjust in changing environment.
Diploma in Commerce / Accounting / Finance, or equivalent
- Business Process Improvement
- Consolidation (Financial)