In this role, the Android Applications Engineer is responsible to develop, debug, inspect and test software modules for native Android applications within an agile development team responsible for multiple software product offerings.
- Develop, debug, inspect and test software modules to meet the criteria and deliverables identified within the assigned task;
- Ensures that all defined development policies, procedures and standards are followed and that development activities are delivered within agreed timescales, of high quality and are fit for purpose;
- Understands the company current software projects and used technologies;
- Understands the structural design of databases;
- Evaluates emerging technologies and makes recommendations to the team;
- Work with the other developers to debug or eliminate errors from the system;
- Design loosely coupled, reusable, and testable code structures;
- Active participation in our internal workshops to discuss/plan the project, and to design software architectures that meet technical and business requirements;
- Able to understand use cases, process flows, and other functional and technical specifications to implement software solutions;
- Testing of own, ensure all specified functionality has been delivered and all performance constraints have been met;
- Be passionate about improving code performance as well as UX;
- Continuously study to keep skills up to date.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science (or any related field);
- 3 years working experience on Android platform;
- Strong object-oriented design and analysis skills experience;
- Experience with Android Studio, Java, Android SDK, SQLite, Networking, Multithreading;
- Experience in building lightweight and responsive mobile interfaces
- Knowledge around implementing communication with external BLE / Wi-Fi devices is nice to have;
- Experience with web technologies (REST/JSON);
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills;
- Experience of working in a global environment.
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Android Software Development
Android (Operating System)