You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Sales Engineer - Geotechnical Engineering
Intertek PSI, is searching for a Sales Engineer to join our Building & Construction team in our Greater Detroit office located in Plymouth, MI. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow a versatile career in the architectural, engineering, and construction (A/E/C) industry!
The Sales Engineer is responsible for driving revenue growth and increasing market share within one or more business lines through business development, lead generation, and supporting sales with engineering technical support and quote generation.
What you’ll do:
- Identify and cultivate prospect pipeline to open new revenue producing opportunities
- Work with sales and operations to identify and target new and existing market segments, establish customer relationships, and win projects to meet growth projects
- Work independently and with sales to develop quote tools and information for proposal, communicate with customers and drive orders
- Identify and develop, with management teams, new opportunities and corresponding value propositions to drive revenue and market share gains
- Meeting financial growth objectives, including forecasting, targets for growth, new customer acquisition, development of new market segments
- Providing effective leadership and training to sales representatives and engineers
- Drive agenda for thought leadership activities in support of the Intertek-PSI brand and business development goals
- Business development activities which may include attending sales meetings with the purpose of closing business, setting up meetings with current and/or prospective customers, prospecting target accounts, etc.
- Providing technical expertise on conference calls and face to face sales calls
- Work with the Sales Team to define and develop territory to increase new and existing sales
- Identify potential new clients via research and networking
- Work closely with staff from all Intertek-PSI divisions to position the Intertek-PSI service package
- Conduct cold/warm client calls and attend/participate in trade shows
- Create and facilitate client presentations
- Identify actions required to develop services to meet customer needs and provide market differentiation
- Perform other work as required
What it takes to be successful in this role:
- BS Civil Engineering or other technical degree directly related to the business line preferred, but not required
- MS in Geotechnical Engineering is desired
- At least five years’ experience in an civil/geotechnical engineering or an applicable technical role required
- Strong experience in construction, engineering, and architectural fields
- Must be self-motivated and assertive and have the ability to work independently
- Proven ability to independently plan, organize and complete a variety of projects and goals within established standards, objectives, and time frames
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills, and superior presentation skills
- Proven success in managing and developing client accounts
- Proven abilities to be a team leader
- Track record of driving change initiatives and building team consensus
- Working knowledge of computer systems (i.e., Microsoft Office) is essential
- Physical dexterity/mobility to travel via car or air and perform all clerical functions inherent to the position
- Ability to travel at least 50% of the time
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable driving record (required)
Why work at Intertek?
PSI, an Intertek Company, is a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services. We are ranked #15 on the 2020 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and are able to provide the architectural, engineering, and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on-site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
Intertek is a world leader in the $250 billion Quality Assurance market, with a proven, high-quality business model and a global network of customer-focused operations and highly engaged subject matter experts. At Intertek, we exercise our spirit of innovation, the passion of our people and our unmatched customer commitment to realize our purpose of making the world an ever better, safer, and more sustainable place for all. Learn more about [ Link removed ] and [ Link removed ] .
Intertek is committed to a safe work environment for our employees and clients. Learn more about our [ Link removed ] .
What we have to offer:When [ Link removed ] , you can expect salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Intertek believes that [ Link removed ] are our strongest tool for success. We are an [ Link removed ] and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, or who need assistance applying, please email [ Link removed ] or call
- Account Management
- Agenda Development
- Business Development
- Customer Acquisition
Job ID: 4490