At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Senior (OT) Cyber Security Vulnerability Management Analyst will be expected to assist in the development and support of an OT Cyber Vulnerability Management Plan and its associated processes and procedures including vulnerability identification and reporting, security patch management, and vulnerability remediation tracking. This role will also lead or support vulnerability assessments on OT based applications, networks, and other types of computer systems on a regular basis and determines/documents deviations from approved configuration standards and/or security policies. Along with these tests and assessments, this role will also lead or support regular security vulnerability assessments from both a logical/theoretical standpoint and a technical/hands-on standpoint and recommend appropriate mitigations and/or remediation efforts to business clients. This role will enhance security services provided by the Cyber Vulnerability Detection and Management team. This is a hands-on role requiring expert technical skills across a wide range of IT Real-Time and OT systems, applications, and infrastructure.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Work with the Business to develop an ongoing OT Cyber Vulnerability Management Plan; encompassing procedures and processes to enumerate and analyze in-scope OT device types for known and unknown cyber vulnerabilities.
- Perform technical application and infrastructure security vulnerability assessments across a wide range of IT Real-Time and OT systems, including applications, industrial protocols, wireless and wired networks, web services, mobile applications, thick clients, Cloud solutions, etc.
- Work with the Business to effectively communicate the risks of identified vulnerabilities and make recommendations regarding the selection of cost-effective security controls to mitigate identified risks
- Develop/refine necessary governance documentation (policies, procedures, standards, guidelines) for all security vulnerability assessment processes.
- Collaborate with various teams (IT, OT, Development, QA, etc) to help ensure designs and implementations meet specified security standards.
- Prepare detailed cyber security vulnerability metrics and reports for all Business Units and leadership (routine and ad hoc).
The Senior OT Cyber Security Vulnerability Management Analyst will be expected to support the OT Cyber Vulnerability Management Plan and procedures. This role will conduct formal tests on OT based applications, networks, and other types of computer systems on a regular basis and determines/documents deviations from approved configuration standards and/or policies. This role will also be expected to work on physical security assessments of wide-range of OT device types, computer systems, and networks. Along with these tests and assessments, this role will conduct regular security vulnerability assessments from both a logical/theoretical standpoint and a technical/hands-on standpoint, and recommend appropriate mitigations and/or remediation efforts. This role will enhance security services provided by the Cyber Vulnerability Detection and Management team. This is a hands-on role requiring expert technical skills across a wide range of IT Real-Time and OT systems, applications, and infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology (IT), Engineering, or a related discipline, and typically 5 or more years of solid, diverse experience in cyber security vulnerability assessments, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- At least 3 years of demonstrated experience in the energy sector
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience and subject matter knowledge of SCADA, ICS, Distribution Automation, Smart Grid, DMS, and EMS systems architecture in relation to evaluating risk.
- At least 5 years of ethical hacking experience including experience in Information Security, application vulnerability testing, code-level security auditing, and secure code reviews.
- Ability to identify systemic security issues based on the analysis of vulnerability and configuration data.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity principles and organizational requirements (relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, non-repudiation).
- Knowledge of network access, identity, and access management (e.g., public key infrastructure [PKI]).
- Knowledge of network protocols (e.g., Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol [TCP/IP], Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol [DHCP]), and directory services (e.g., Domain Name System [DNS]).
- Knowledge of OT specific network protocols (e.g., ICCP, DNP3, IEC protocols, Modbus/TCP, IEEE C37, etc.)
- Knowledge of penetration testing principles, tools, and techniques.
- Knowledge of scripting/programming language structures and logic.
- Knowledge of system and application security threats and vulnerabilities (e.g., buffer overflow, mobile code, cross-site scripting, Procedural Language/Structured Query Language [PL/SQL] and injections, race conditions, covert channel, replay, return-oriented attacks, malicious code).
- Knowledge of host/network access control mechanisms (e.g., access control list).
- Knowledge of packet-level analysis using appropriate tools (e.g., Wireshark, tcpdump).
- Knowledge of threat environments.
- Knowledge of cyber attackers (e.g., script kiddies, insider threat, non-nation state sponsored, and nation sponsored).
- Knowledge of infrastructure supporting information technology (OT) for safety, performance, and reliability.
- Knowledge of general attack stages (e.g., foot printing and scanning, enumeration, gaining access, escalation or privileges, maintaining access, network exploitation, covering tracks).
- Knowledge of network security architecture concepts including topology, protocols, components, and principles (e.g., application of defense-in-depth).
- Knowledge of system administration concepts for Unix/Linux and/or Windows operating systems.
- Comprehensive understanding of change management
techniques associated with new technology
- Demonstrated experience producing an economic business case.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Proven analytical, problem solving, and consulting skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the proven ability to work effectively with all levels of IT and business management.
- Graduate degree in cyber security or related area of expertise.
- Relevant security certifications (CISSP, OSCP, GICSP, GRID)
- At least 3 years of experience as part of an electric utility
- Demonstrated expert technical skills with various penetration testing technologies and tools.
- Demonstrated experience and subject matter knowledge in cyber and information security for applications, web architectures, operating systems, databases, and networks.
- Demonstrated experience and proven capabilities in network vulnerability assessment, application vulnerability assessment, application security architecture development, web application security, and application security testing.
- Demonstrated experience in addressing regulatory compliance for the security requirements in applicable laws and regulations, such as NERC CIP and other critical infrastructure frameworks.
- Solid understanding and experience with security development lifecycle (SDL) processes for internally developed applications, including the web-based and Internet facing components.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in application security standards, methodologies, and technologies.
- Solid understanding to assess application and web architectures and operating systems for vulnerabilities and develop appropriate security countermeasures.
- Solid knowledge and experience with IT security aspects of operating systems, Active Directory, database (SQL) access, LDAP, Microsoft SharePoint, and web server configurations.
- Demonstrated experience in assessing and testing security applications and systems, such as Cisco firewalls, security appliances, IDS/IPS, SSL or TLS, IPSec, and web services security.
- Ability to demonstrate analytical skills, technical knowledge, and practical application of cyber and information security principles to business leaders and technical staff.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law
- Access Control List
- Access Network
- Active Directory Group
- Application Security