Inspection Program Manager
Deutsche Windtechnik is Germany’s largest Independent Service Provider offering a comprehensive service package for Wind Turbine Generators (WTG) from one single source. With more than 6,000 WTGs under contract and more than 1,800 employees operating in several European countries, Deutsche Windtechnik sets the bar for Independent Service Provider services.
What makes us stand out from other service companies? We offer everything from A to Z and match that with a passion for all technical services related to wind power. The objective of our engineers and technicians is to individually increase efficiency and to keep availability high at all times. It is our objective to achieve the best-possible technical operation for our client’s systems and in turn offering cost-effective solutions.
We do everything possible to keep the wind turbines up and running and improve their performance, for the long term.
Deutsche Windtechnik has recently entered the US market and is headquartered in Houston, TX. As the largest and reputable independent service provider in Germany it is our objective to transfer and improve the same level of quality, safety, efficiency and customer service to the US market. Deutsche Windtechnik aims to become the strongest independent service provider in the US within the next 5 years and you can be part of this success.
Position Title: Inspection Program Manager
Location: Houston HQTRS
Date Revised: Mar 4, 2021
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Specialized Field Services Manager
This role is full-time, typically, 8am – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday, some weekend work may be required. 25% travel required.
This position will be part of the DWT Specialized Field Services Team. The role will specifically support the US entity by developing and “Project Managing” the Multi-brand Wind Turbine Inspection Program, as well as providing general support to the Operations and Engineering organization as needed. The focus of this position is to develop and manage the construction, end of warranty, and repower inspection programs, in addition to providing ad hoc inspection support. In addition, Program Manager will interface with our Major Components Manager and other experts in our German Headquarters as necessary for in depth inspection and failure analysis.
DEUTSCHE WINDTECHNIK CULTURE: At Deutsche-Windtechnik what sets us apart is our intense focus on our customer, employees and culture. Our Mission is To be the most trusted O&M partner to wind farm owners while Our Vision is to empower the Americas‘ achievement of 100% renewable energy, one wind turbine at a time. How to we accomplish this? By building a team and a culture with the core values that are Transparent, Innovative, Guiding (advisor and partner), Efficient (cost conscious) and Rapid (agile and bold).
• Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, inspection data and procedures manuals
• Develop comprehensive inspection and other reports with a high level of quality and attention to detail
• Read and interpret detailed reports, blueprints and schematics
• Work with minimal supervision, given proper instructions
• Provide excellent remote support and direction to team members working at other sites
• Bring a strong knowledge of and adherence to health and safety guidelines
Must be physically fit enough to occasionally free climb 260 ft while wearing 25+ lbs of climbing gear.
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS:
• Write wind turbine inspection reports
• Able to transfer knowledge of one brand to others quickly
• Liaise with global engineering component experts and drive in depth failure analysis
• Liaise with Site teams and both support and direct inspections remotely
• Perform remote fault analysis and error investigation
• Develop, maintain and update Inspection checklists and reports
• Lead and support as customer interface for onsite teams and headquarters
• Work under stressful conditions quickly and accurately
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops that are relevant to the wind industry
• Provide general support of operations, quality, and engineering departments
• Manage other projects or programs as required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
• At least 2 years’ experience in program/project management in gearbox or wind turbine failure analysis
• Experience with gear failure analysis, ability to view photos and verify the initial damage characterizations delivered by the field inspectors
• Higher education or bachelor’s degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial engineering preferred
• Good knowledge of overall wind turbine system design and operations
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Valid driving license (NON CDL / CDL)
• Ability to pass a physical exam and drug/alcohol screening
EQUIPMENT, MACHINES, TOOLS USED:
Borescope, Thermal Imaging Cameras, Adobe Writer, Scanner, Printer, Cell phone, Copier, Fax machine,
DESCRIPTION OF WORK ENVIRONMENT:
While the Program Manager will not be required to work in a field environment on a continual basis, time in the field will be required to effectively monitor the program. While in the field, the employee could be exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; particulate matter and outside weather conditions. The employee can be exposed to risks of electrical hazards. The employee is occasionally exposed to hazardous chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee filling this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by management. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this job description. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Deutsche Windtechnik is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination.
Physical and Communication Demands Addendum
X 25# of Force
X 25# of Force
Ground to waist Height
Waist to chest Height
Carrying (10 to 15 feet)
X Up to 25#
X Up to 25#
X Up to 25#
X Up to 25#
Sight with Color Perception
The position requires talking to co-workers:
The position requires talking to customers:
The position requires written communication to customers:
The position requires talking to outside trade persons:
The position requires written communication to outside trade persons:
The position requires talking on the telephone:
The position requires supervising others:
The position requires responding to written or verbal requests of co-workers:
The position requires responding to written or verbal requests of clients:
The position requires training/giving verbal instructions:
The position requires receiving verbal instructions:
The position requires receiving written instructions:
The position requires writing or composing the English language:
The position requires reading:
The position requires visiting/working at different worksites: