0 suggestions are available, use up and down arrow to navigate them
You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Position: HSE Officer
Location: Qatar Doha (Ras Laffan)
Duration: 24 months
- Reporting to the Field HSE Team Leader, Projects manages the day-to-day field HSE related activities for the Company and provides professional HSE guidance to HSE & Projects Team.
- Coordinating Resources, Monitoring Safe Work Practices and performs PTW Monitoring and performs audits on matters related to field HSE.
- Liaises with other Field HSE Team members on an ongoing basis to ensure coordinated and integrated approach to Field HSE matters.
- Manages all the construction activities and work performed by the Contractor at field management level, in close coordination with his Contractor's counterpart. Performs supervisory / managerial functions at the level established by management for the position.
- Works closely with Projects Team to ensure safe and environmentally responsible operations at all times. Monitors adherence to safe work systems and HSE compliance at worksites by advising, assisting and coaching worksite personnel in carrying out their activities in full compliance with policies, procedures, work instructions, method statements, etc.
- Monitors Contractor workmen qualification to ensure good overall Contractor HSE performance. Inspects audits and evaluates assigned worksites and facilities, as well as workboats, dive boats, lay/heavy lift barges and major construction sites as required to ensure contractor compliance with HSE requirements,
- Participates in emergency activities to ensure protection of personnel and assets as per Standard Operating Procedures. Ensures that Field HSE staff responds promptly and effectively to any emergency cases. Conducts staff briefings on HSE related issues as required. Coordinates incident investigation and reporting, and ensures timely follow-up and corrective actions as required.
- Ensures effective Field implementation of HSE conditioning systems and programs with input to HSE Manager to record, analyze and report health, safety and environmental incidents including investigations, reports, follow-up actions and trends analysis for Incidents, accidents, environmental spills and releases and near misses.
- Provides specialist HSE support to Projects Team on HSE related issues for projects operations, including the projects environmental programs such as waste management, waste reduction, etc. Provides recommendations to HSE Manager with regards to improving HSE programs, systems and procedures.
- Participates in the preparation of TRA's as required after completion the TRA facilitator course.
- Participates in prevention and remedial actions for specific environmental problems such as noise/ waste management, environmental monitoring, promotion programs, etc., for projects operations.
- Assists HSE Projects Team with implementation of HSE Self-assessment programs, in coordination with Production Superintendents.
- Plans and coordinates regular inspection, testing and maintenance of safety and rescue equipment.
Qualifications & Experience:
Minimum Educational Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in relevant subject or similar with equal combination of experience
- 8+ years' experience in a similar position in Oil & Gas Industry
Skills and Competencies:
- International HSE legislative requirements
- Occupational hazards & safety precautions applicable to a variety of field construction work settings
- Audit / inspection techniques and procedures
- Investigative techniques and methods
- Environmental Monitoring
Job ID: Jo123456