Wind Turbine Technician II
WHO WE ARE
We are looking for dedicated technicians who are enthusiastic about preserving our planet through clean, renewable wind energy. As a Vestas technician, you’ll put your electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical experience to work, ensuring your safety, and the safety of your team.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A TECHNICIAN
In this intermediate- level position, you’ll use your skills and training to perform maintenance and/ or installation work on assigned wind turbines under minimal supervision. You will be provided with defined schedules and procedures including safety protocol, verbal/ written instructions, but you may provide mentorship to entry-level technicians.
During a typical day, you may be working 250 feet above the ground, or working in small spaces to perform maintenance and repairs. You’ll be outside, and sometimes the weather isn’t great. You’ll be climbing, carrying tools and equipment and moving parts to complete your work.
Teamwork is a priority here, and our reputation for professionalism, safety and attention to detail are important to our customers. We also encourage recommendations to improve the safety and quality of our work.
MORE ABOUT YOU
- You have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- You have at least 1 year of technical wind industry experience, OR six (6) months of technical wind industry experience and a certificate of completion from a wind technician program, OR a minimum of three (3) years’ electrical, hydraulic, mechanical, composite skills, or heavy machinery experience.
- You have the ability to climb stairs and ladders while carrying up to 50 lbs. in weight
- You have experience with the use and understanding of intermediate level power tools such as hydraulic, power torque and diagnostic tools.. (eg Flukemeter functions and hydraulic pressure gauge)
- You hold a valid driver’s license
- You have basic computer operation skills, are familiar with internet based program navigation and have the ability to generate and interpret computer data
- You have the ability to read, interpret, and understand drawings and schematics and attention to detail to follow safety protocols (e.g. Confined space, Energy isolation).
- You are able to effectively communicate with customers and collaborate with co-workers
WHAT YOU’LL RECEIVE
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer an attractive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry, including:
- healthcare, dental and vision
- generous 401(k) plan
- tuition assistance
- 120 hours of paid time off
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
[ Link removed ]
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.
Attention To Detail