Eaton’s Center for Connected Intelligent Solutions (CCIS)is currently seeking a Senior Technical Programs Manager to join our team. This position will be based at our Moon Township, PA or Raliegh, NC facility
Eaton’s Center for Connected Intelligent Solutions (CCIS) accelerates the creation of meaningful, connected experiences through the advancement of secure reusable platforms, processes, and services. Within our team you will find awesome developers, open source gurus, testers, digital user experience designers, cloud architects, industrial designers, visual designers, DevOps engineers, agile experts, front-end and mobile developers, big data architects, design thinkers, and more. We are central to Eaton’s digital transformation and every contribution we make has a significant impact on the future of the company. Through our efforts we have established world-class software development and design capabilities that are built on a never-ending passion for innovation. We are change agents, always striving to improve, and excited to work at Eaton. We believe that you will be too.
Within CCIS, we are looking for a Senior Portfolio Manager to help manage a wide collection of software and design projects, prioritize our activities and maximize the economic impact of our investments. The ideal candidate has a deep awareness of the costs and benefits associated with developing reusable software and design work products and is inherently data driven. This is a highly impactful position within Eaton that will provide you with great visibility throughout the entire organization and opportunities for career advancement.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this role you will:
- Leverage technical and leadership skills to manage a large portfolio of complex technology programs in a global cross functional organization.
- Create portfolio management processes to select new projects, report progress of in-flight projects, analyze and report on the economic impact of investments.
- Establish clear criteria to prioritize CCIS projects and initiatives.
- Establish metrics-driven portfolio management processes.
- As a technology provider, link CCIS projects to product development projects and build interfaces to project management tools used across the organization.
- Maximize economic impact of CCIS investments based on business opportunity, engineering productivity, revenue enablement and contribution product vitality objectives for product teams that adopt our platforms.
- Build and maintain a balanced scorecard for investments and adopter engagements.
- Build and maintain dashboards that outline internal and external operational metrics.
- Create reports by investment type and present to various stakeholders in the organization.
- Maintain a CCIS-wide view of capacity versus profit plan versus prioritized work items and assist with what-if scenario planning.
- Work closely with Engineering Leads, Architects, and Designers who are responsible for the development of CCIS platforms and services
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger. Qualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- 5+ years of experience in Project Management or Portfolio Management or a related role in a software development organization
- Proven track record of effectively managing and optimizing economic impact of development projects
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Moon Township PA or Raleigh NC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
- Experience working in an agile software development environment
- Experience selecting or developing tools to manage portfolio metrics including automation
- Experience with IoT applications
- Experience with hardware-based products
- Ability to work independently to achieve desired results with minimal team overhead
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation
- Highly detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks
- Team management skills
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Electrical Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time