A leading global Services Company in the Oil and Gas industry seeks a Solutions Advisor for their Drilling & Completions technologies. In this senior level role, you will be responsible for enabling and driving the business growth of all drilling & completion solutions in Norway. You will lead the value proposition of drilling & completion technical and consulting solutions across exploration, development and production, within your region. Applicants invited with a strong drilling & completion background, can converse at a high level in Norwegian, have a minimum of 15 years oil and gas industry experience and a passion for driving technological advancements in this field. This is an exciting and influential role working with a leading technology Company in Oil and Gas. Estimated no more than 15% travel across the region.
Supported by global offices, the Company is a leading provider of integrated software solutions, covering the entire upstream oil cycle – from finding hydrocarbons to evaluating the prospects, building the wells, and managing and optimising the production process. They have been at the forefront of leading technology advancements for nearly three decades, enabling their clients turn critical information into useful knowledge.
The deployment of technologies across all sectors of the upstream industry has been highly evident in recent years - from greater optimisation in the field, real-time centres, predictive maintenance, cloud solutions, big data analytics, transaction based software, immersive technologies and much more. The Company has “Solution Advisors” for their IT, Reservoir Engineering, Well/Completions and Production/Economics solution portfolios. Working across all disciplines, they are at the forefront in the development and deployment of many of these solutions.
In this leadership role, you will lead and manage the Drilling & Completion Technical Sales Consultants Team in Norway. You will work closely with customers to understand their core competencies, strategies and challenges, assist in defining their needs and in conjunction with other team members produce technical solutions that meets and exceeds the customer's business objectives.
This is a prestigious position within a global player who is currently at the forefront of innovative and integrated digital and E&P-focused technologies and software solutions. The role offers varied and challenging opportunities for an individual with a strong background in drilling or real time operations and a passion for technology – how it is developed and deployed to improve efficiencies for enterprise wide organisations.
Reporting to the Country Manager for Norway and Technical Regional Manager EESSA your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Become knowledgeable in the Company’s drilling & completion technologies and associated services.
- Understand how these solutions are currently deployed and utilized at various customer sites in terms of workflow, optimization…
- Provide technical leadership and direction on broad ranging, high value drilling and completions workflows – i.e. Well Construction, Real-Time operations and Digital solutions.
- Enhance/change existing strategy for the end-to-end suite of solutions – reducing risk and delivering improved ROI for your customer base.
- Become a prominent game-change player in the market – be seen to be driving innovation e.g. present at technical industry events, author/co-author white and industry papers, drive discussion forums, inform the market as to how digital technologies and digitalization changes can shape drilling and completions processes and functions, through improved optimised workflows.
- As a visionary and passionate about this new digital age, lead in-depth technical discussions both internally and with customers, not only in relation to improvements to current workflows but looking to new ways of working and collaborating.
- Work with customers and partners and other industry players, to co-innovate the most appropriate business solution, bringing to the table different technologies, market knowledge, domain technical knowledge and specialized skillsets. Putting together a tailored high-value, complex multi-vendor solution can be tricky, but if done right, it is often game-changing.
- Provide direction to the Company’s Technology Groups to ensure appropriate research is in place to address the market needs.
- Support the Regional Technical Sales and Business Sales in pursuing and closing of business opportunities.
- Work with your team to create new workflow solution offerings, that fit market and business needs of the future.
- Ensure that your reports have the skills, understanding and development that is required.
- Be proactive in keeping abreast of advancements in the digital world and how they could/can be adopted for the E&P Industry – the key is to be competent in advising customers about current solutions and those in the market pipeline
The successful candidate will have:
- Good academic background – preferably in an engineering discipline desired.
- Preferably based in Norway but for the right candidate, the Company will assist with relocation.
- Can speak Norwegian at a high level essential – can converse easily with senior level management both at a technical and strategic level.
- A minimum of 15 years oil and gas industry experience with at least 10 years in drilling & completion sector essential.
- In-depth technical knowledge of drilling & completion workflows and their integration across the wider E&P value chain essential
- Previous experience in supporting or selling Drilling and Completion solutions highly desired (e.g. Landmark, Weatherford, BakerHughes, Schlumberger, Petrolink…).
- Have a strong network of drilling and completions contacts within the industry essential.
- Passionate about digital technologies and digitalization changes within the drilling & completion world – essential. Awareness of advanced analytics and big data analytics concepts and how they relate to Well Construction activities desired.
- Highly creative and innovative problem solver essential - thinks conceptually and ‘out of the box’. Can bring together lots of ideas to deliver a winning solution.
- Previous oil and gas operator experience highly desired.
- Can articulate the value of multiple workflow solutions to a wide variety of customers and levels - demonstrating and illustrating how technology creates material value for desired business outcomes.
- Industry recognised essential – previous experience presenting at drilling and completions related conferences or forums highly desired.
- Has the patience and credibility to work closely with customers to understand their challenges and constraints, their current and long-term objectives and to propose winning solutions.
- Strong commercial/business aptitude essential.
- A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the sales cycle
- Ambitious - an entrepreneurial nature and attitude essential.
- Proven experience of leading, managing and developing a Team essential.
- Proven leadership experience – can motivate, influence, manage effectively, and drive improvements and change.
- An assertive individual with the personality and confidence to build strong relationships both internally and with all external stakeholders (customers, partners, 3rd parties) as required to deliver to innovate solutions.
- Excellent communication skills – the ability to convey and present technical content/requirement/timeframes etc. in a simple and coherent manner – to both technical and non-technical managers.
- A strong appreciation of stakeholder relationships.
- Ability to travel across the region – estimated 60% travel.
Package: This is a senior level role and as such, an attractive and competitive salary is on offer, together with a generous bonus plan and excellent company benefits package.
Other:The Company has an equal opportunity policy and a strong supporter of gender diversity. They welcome both male and female applicants for this role.
To apply for this job:
1)Please review your registration and ensure it is current.
2)Please make sure you upload your CV and submit a Cover Letter. Your Cover Letter in support of your application, should outline a) why you feel you may be particularly suited to this position (i.e. relevant skills/experience and education) b) your availability and c) your salary expectations.
- Big Data
- Business Planning
- Business Requirements