Wärtsilä is an innovative technology company known for being a forerunner in the Marine and Energy markets. Every day, we - Wärtsilians - put our hearts and minds into turning Wärtsilä's purpose of enabling sustainable societies with smart technology, and our Smart Marine and Energy visions into reality. Our ultimate aim is to provide increased value to both our customers and society. New, game-changing ideas and continuous improvement have been part of our DNA since 1834. Together, we can create new business opportunities and a more sustainable future that we can all be proud of.
We are transitioning the world towards a cleaner future. By pushing the boundaries of engineering and technology, we make it work. We are always on the lookout for future-oriented talent - want to join the ride?
What will you be doing?
As a Manager, Business Development, you will play a key role in developing the regional go to market strategy, identifying market opportunities and creative business models for energy storage.
The Manager, Business Development will have responsibility for driving growth and market share of Wartsila’s Energy Storage and Optimisation business primarily in Australia, by collaborating with the regional sales organization in support of commercial goals and objectives including pipeline development, contracting, partnerships and key stakeholder engagement.
The ideal candidate has 5-10 yrs. of industry Business Development experience, sales background, strong customer focus and communication skills. Comprehensive knowledge of the Australian energy market, grid regulation and utility-scale renewable and storage players and dynamics are key.
As a Manager, Business Development, you will focus on these responsibilities:
- Partner with the regional sales team to expand the company’s market share through effective industry partnerships, strategic marketing efforts and support of sales cycle from deal inception, incubation, and conversion.
- Monitor regulatory and market rule changes that could affect battery energy storage revenues or customer need or interest in energy storage projects and develops strategies to find opportunities from these changes or to mitigate impacts from undesirable changes.
- Develop of regional market strategy and plan in cooperation with internal stakeholders
- Promote Wartsila’s Energy Storage solutions through customers meetings, webinars and conferences participation.
- Cost structure benchmarking, pricing strategy, competitive analysis, partner engagement, project development/deal tracking activities and development of regional plan KPI’s.
- Key participant in negotiating project contracts and agreements, financial/investment modelling and analysis
- Support sales teams and individuals with customer presentations, proposal development, RFP responses and leads team training and knowledge development programs
- Additional markets in the region may be considered, although the focus for this resource is Australia
To be successful in this role, we expect you to have:
- 5-10 yrs. of industry Business Development experience, with strong external, customer focus and communication skills.
- Deep knowledge of the Australian Energy and Power markets, grid regulation and utility-scale energy storage and renewable experience
- Deep knowledge of Energy Storage project development steps and timelines in Australia
- Proven renewable and energy storage project development and transaction experience; strong communication and presentation skills and financial acumen
- Ability to plan, navigate and negotiate a complex sales process.
- Ability to deliver results in a matrix environment without direct managerial control
- Successful track record of executing complex energy projects and/or transactions
- Experience coordinating activities/priorities with diverse teams in different time zones.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and collaboration skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA is a strong plus.
URL blocked - click to apply
You will be a part of a global organization with local presence and work in an exciting and dynamic working environment with highly motivated and skilled co-workers. We offer interesting and challenging work tasks, as well as personal and professional development in a great team.
If you feel excited by being a part of this working environment and think your personal skills and qualities match the job requirements, we look forward to receiving your job application.
We look forward to hearing from you. Qualified candidates must apply online: [ Link removed ]
Wärtsilä values our employees. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Vaccination is a vital tool to reduce the presence and severity of COVID-19 cases in the workplace, in communities, and in the nation as a whole. The spread of COVID when working in customer facilities and project sites can lead to costly site shutdowns, for which Wärtsilä could be deemed financially responsible. Many local government authorities require proof of vaccination to enter the state or country, and many of our customers require proof of vaccination to be on a project site. In line with legal regulations Wärtsilä has implemented a COVID-19 policy on vaccination and testing to reduce the risk of transmission on Wärtsilä premises. Wärtsilä strongly encourages all employees to be vaccinated to protect themselves and other employees.
- Business Development
- Business Model
- Commercial Awareness
- Competitive Intelligence