Schneider Electric has an opportunity for a Foxboro IA/Service Engineer
in either our Midland or Odessa, TX locations.
You'll get to support through the performance of on-site installation, as well as overseeing any necessary diagnoses, troubleshooting, service, and repair of complex equipment and systems.for an industry leader. Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment. [ Link removed ] Great people make Schneider Electric a great company. What do you get to do in this position?
You'll provide highly visible customer support through the performance of on-site installation, as well as overseeing any necessary diagnoses, troubleshooting, service, and repair of complex equipment and systems. Checks out and approves operational quality of system equipment. The employee needs to have the ability to instruct customers in the operation and maintenance of their systems. The employee Serves as company liaison with customer on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects. This job may include any aspect of field support, and is not limited to system hardware and software, PCs, and networking/wireless networking. The employee needs to mentor other employees when requested. Perform other duties that are assigned by management.
- Manage Customer contracts by performing preventative maintenance visits, documenting / delivering reports and provide onsite remedial support.
- Insure that the customer’s system is updated to the latest software, quick fixes, and hardware.
- Prepare upgrade plans for the customer’s systems.
- Provide field Beta testing in region and provides feedback as required
- Follow all technical procedures and tools for Global Service
- Provide technical review of orders for clients and any other proposals that are requested to perform.
- Analyze technical risk of expansion projects and upgrades
- Identify deficiencies in products and procedures which affect customer satisfaction, recommending solutions/workarounds
- Provide technical assistance to meet required company objectives of quality and customer satisfaction.
- Attend technical training that includes systems and instruments, as well as application, process control, communication, and safety.
- Provide data as requested for any reports to assist management in decisions pertaining to customer satisfaction, sales marketing, engineering, quality control, support, and employee satisfaction.
- Support Sales as required and directed by Regional Service Manager to secure orders and service agreements.
- Understand and enforce Invensys contractual obligations on major projects and insure customer satisfaction.
- Handles overall technical responsibilities for one or more projects, including project specification, functionality, testing and commissioning.
- Perform system testing, factory acceptance testing (FAT) and develop test documents
- Document preparation and obtain customer's approval per document specification and schedule
- Coordinate with factory for product related issues and resolve.
- Respond to field technical questions and enquiries from customers in a timely manner.
- Refer customer requests to company specialists (consultants) as required.
- Assist sales personnel with resolution of customer responses.
- Attend bid review meetings as required by sales staff and management.
- Site start up and commissioning systems
- Work in a team environment in leadership position as well as a contributing member
- Work with GCS (Global Support Center) team as required.
• - A recognized Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Computer Science or Process
Control is desirable. Military experience is also good.
• - At least 2 to 5 years of related experience, including industry knowledge is advantageous
• - Familiar with the products and services within the Oil & Gas, Power Generation and Chemical industry.
• - Knowledge of Foxboro IA, Wonderware, is advantageous
• - Knowledge of HMI software, PLC’s, DCS system and field instrumentation is preferred.
• - Team player with good leadership and communication skills and able to travel when required
• - Strong analytical & logical ability, possess of good judgment, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
• Detail-oriented, forward looking and good leadership abilities
• - Innovative and dynamic with effective communication skills, especially in inter-cultural aspects
• - Able to travel at a moment’s notice. Over 65% travel in the local area. (Surrounding Midland / Odessa area). May require some out of state and overseas travel.