You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Area Commissioning Manager (Contract) - Smelter Project
Project: 18-24 months
Rotation: 8 weeks on 3 weeks off
This contractor position will be located near Surabaya, Indonesia with potential travel to engineering and technology providers offices in Japan and Finland. This position will report to the Commissioning Manager.
Responsible for direction, planning and management of the commissioning phase of capital projects, beginning in the early phases of project definition with project execution planning, phasing and scheduling, and continuing throughout the erection and commissioning phases of the project. The scope of this position includes the performance evaluation of facilities, systems, and assemblies to ensure they meet defined objectives and criteria. Manages the all inclusive quality-oriented process for the planning, delivery, verification, and managing risks to critical functions.
- Responsible for planning, developing and implementing comprehensive commissioning plans, manpower resources and managing the pre-commissioning and commissioning effort effectively as required for start-up of capital projects.
- Works with EPCM contractor to obtain pre-commissioning plan to be used as the basis for the wet/ore commissioning and start up plan.
- Reviews a P&IDs, design drawings and specifications to fully understand designated project areas and pre-commissioning systems and subsystems. Understands structure of turn over packages as defined on markup P&ID's and flow sheets furnished by the EPCM. Provides input as needed on TOP structure to EPCM as required to ensure logical turnover sequence.
- Reviews all scope outside EPCM battery limits for items to be supplied by owner. Any interface items required for successful plant startup such as power supply, water supply, control system design and supply, reagents, raw material feed supplies, ancillary systems, etc, shall be included in the integrated commissioning plans as well as an integrated construction and mechanical completion milestone schedule.
- Collaborates with Construction Managers and discipline Superintendents to understand construction sequence and upcoming areas for pre-commissioning and commissioning.
- Develops commissioning schedule, plans, and procedures and conducts punchlist inspections.
- Ensures that all commissioning activities are captured in the project systems and works with Document Controls to prepare turnover package documentation.
- Directs the activities of consultants and contractors.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Nature of Work: Works on complex issues and implements solutions mostly through the determination of strategy and delegation to others in a group or functional area.
- Level of interaction: Often collaborates with managers and/or functional or site leaders and has some interaction with external colleagues.
- Autonomy/decision making: Works under moderate supervision and has some latitude to set objectives, priorities and timelines that may impact department or individual work group.
- Budgetary responsibility: Contributes to budget preparation by supplying costs and recommendations.
- Managerial responsibility: Manages supervisors or mid-level professional individual contributors.
- Bachelor 's degree in engineering or related field or equivalent in training and/or field experience and a minimum 10 years experience in the field
- OR High School diploma or GED and a minimum 15 years progressive experience in the field.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with project commissioning planning on mining smelting process facilities projects and/or same experience in heavy industrial projects.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to multi-task in a high paced project environment
- Fluency in Bahasa language would be a plus
- Reports to the Project Director onsite and functionally to the Director Commissioning
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.
- Assembly And Installation
- Control Systems
- Decision Making
Job ID: BBBH42727