AEP Energy is a certified competitive retail electricity and natural gas supply provider. We proudly serve residential, small business and commercial and industrial customers. AEP Energy has over 100 years of industry experience with backing from our parent company, American Electric Power (AEP). AEP is one of the largest electric energy companies in the United States and ranked 204 of the Fortune 500.
Do you have the power to learn and execute sales and marketing programs, then this role is for you!
The ideal candidate will have high-energy, drive, and ambition with a contagious positive attitude.
Successful candidates will have a strong service focus as well as results driven.
• Generate business by working an assigned territory visiting up to 30 – 50 residential houses per day selling electricity (direct sales)
• Use a consultative selling approach; Help educate and increase customer’s awareness of their energy choice as well as competitive advantage of choosing AEP Energy Partners over other energy providers;
• Provide potential customer with pricing and effectively close the sale
• Assure quality and accurate representation of products; Maintain professional image on behalf of the Company
Annual Salary From (Min)
Annual Salary To (Mid)
Entry-Level role. Competitive individuals looking to excel
Must have Valid Driver’s license with a good driving record
Must have a reliable form of personal transportation to use during the course of work hours
Must have auto insurance coverage that satisfies the minimum requirement for the state of Ohio
HS Diploma or equivalent
Work Experience - Must have one of the following (can be non-concurrent):
Three (3) months of phone or face to face customer service experience within a sales, retail, or service industry.
3 months of leadership experience in a club or organization.
Prior military experience
Embodies AEP Energy Values (i.e., Accountability, Passion, Integrity, Innovation, Humor, Humility, and Candor).
High-energy, drive, and ambition with a contagious positive attitude.
Strong service and results orientation.
Power to learn and execute sales and marketing programs
Enthusiastic and passionate desire to succeed
High EQ- superior interpersonal skills, win-win mindset, relationship-builder.
Innovative and resourceful.
Excellent communication skills – written, spoken, listening with ability to explain and interpret complex issues clearly, mindful of audience.
Ability to prioritize, plan proactively, manage conflicting priorities, operate in a high stress environment and multi-task effectively.
Physical demand level is Not Yet Determined
- Consultative Selling
- Customer Service
- Direct Selling
- Electrical Installation Work