Senior QA Automation
Why you want this position.
Since our founding as a groundbreaking provider of oil & gas data, we have evolved our solutions to cover oil & gas analytics, trading & risk, and business automation for customers across the energy industry. Enverus represents this growth while bringing us closer together as one team. Enverus delivers business-critical insights to the global energy industry through a state-of-the-art SaaS platform built on industry-leading data and energy analytics. Our solutions deliver value across the entire energy value chain, empowering customers to be more agile, efficient, and competitive. The range of energy industry participants we serve includes exploration and production (E&P) companies and related businesses such as oilfield services, midstream, capital markets, power generators and utilities, energy traders, and downstream commercial & industrial energy consumers.
We are currently seeking a highly driven Senior QA Automation to join our Data Science QA team. This role offers the opportunity to join a rapidly growing company delivering industry-leading solutions to customers in the world’s most dynamic and fastest-growing sector. Enverus is the right company at the right time.
The Sr. QA Automation for Data Science builds a robust, automated frameworks for validating complicated, large data sets and functionality of the models for Data Science team. The role works closely with members of the Data Science team, including Product Owners, Software Developers, Data Engineers and Data Scientists.
The Sr. QA Automation role is to design, develop and maintain automation frameworks and develop solutions for effective and efficient test execution for various types of applications. To fulfill this role incumbents will apply appropriate test automation technologies to meet the short-term and long-term goals of the testing organization.
A basic understanding of different technologies is required for a QA Automation person to include a growing willingness to learn new tools and technologies, solving problems related to the use and implementation of automation tools, as well as providing comprehensive reports and deliverables summarizing all automation test findings and results. This role will focus on our new Enterprise wide Data Science initiatives.
What you’ll do
- Fully support QA efforts requested by the Data Science team.
- Review stories in backlog to understand and help identify acceptance criteria.
- Develop testing approach for stories in backlog.
- Create and execute automated Python test scripts.
- Report and track all bugs discovered during testing.
- Initiate and drive the efforts to maintain the QA framework and testing strategies.
- Initiate and drive the team in reviewing current QA practices and tools for scope, scalability and improvements.
- Identify risks to inform resource allocation, prioritization, and target areas for automated coverage.
- Develop and maintain test procedure documentation.
- Mentor QA team members on technical skills, best practices and implementation.
- Advise other members of the QA team on tasks in order to meet project deadlines.
- Fully support QA efforts per request of the Data Science teams
- Continually review current QA practices and tools for scope, scalability and improvements
- Provide technical support and guidance to other QA Engineers
- Assist in developing and maintaining test procedure documents
Competitive Candidate Profile
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Solid programming skills in Python.
- Experience with Agile and Kanban.
- Excellent communications skills (oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Detailed oriented with ability to work independently and prioritize tasks to meet project deadlines.
- 5+ years software development experience as QA Automation engineer or a software developer
- Pipeline construction experience (ie data flows/validation/checks)
- Package management
- Git development
- Mentoring and Communication Skills
- Experience with data modeling tools and techniques.
- Demonstrated initiative to research and learn new automation tools as needed.
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience with TDD, continuous integration and code review
- Exposure to Scala and Spark.
- Exposure to SQL.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Stand, sit, walk frequently throughout the day.
- Lift, push, pull, carry up to 35 lbs.
- Travel within US and CAN up to 30% of the time.
- Test Execution Engine
- Test Automation