Our client a well-known global OEM are looking for Material Managers for several different sites in the APAC regions on Combined Power Plant Projects.
These positions are for either Permanent or Contract/ Freelance positions.
Receive, Control and manage all materials and equipment from arrival at site to handover to construction disciplines or to other parties.
Lead a team for materials management on site if applicable depending on the scope of delivery.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Utilization of the MTA and / or supplier net tool (reporting tools still to be clarified) including training for others as required
- Coordination of materials under his scope of responsibility
- Implement procedures for shipping
- Verify against master shipping list of materials that all boxes sent by our client and its suppliers have been received at site
- Establish systems and implement procedure for receipt of materials at site, storage and release of material to erection sub-contractors
- Establish and implement storage control procedures in discussion with erection sub-contractors; organization of storage area (sizes, indoor/outdoor, boxes arrangement and accessibility per unit, per equipment, per MLI Model List Item…) to support storage
- Establish material schedule and interface between Logistic department and site
- Establish stock control procedures and procedures to address material shortages
- Establish and implement preservation procedures; Check proper storage conditions are in place as per packing list storage code and OEM preservation documentation (material in open space, under shelter, closed building, chemicals storage). Install temporary preservation devices as per GEK procedures such as air dehumidifier for GT, energize space heater for generator, air conditioning for electrical containers, piping protection, acoustical & thermal insulation and any other applicable procedures & activities)
- Establish procedures for storage and subsequent handover of commissioning / contract / maintenance spare parts
- Register and record the materials on site
- Accept, stock and forward all arriving material to field assembly in cooperation with the concerned Construction discipline and in accordance with the pertaining handling instructions. Ensure that logistic, boxes inventory follow the installation schedule
- Address damage that occurs during shipment according to the pertaining directives. This involves assessment, recording and reporting the damage. The loss adjuster must be involved before the material can be released for use
- Check that all documents accompanying material deliveries are complete and correct as detailed in the specifications and purchase orders and ensure proper archiving of records
- Inspect incoming goods and immediate reporting of all/any shortages or damages. Obtain or initiate the provision of missing documents. Perform detailed inventory of every boxes against individual packing lists and report results of inspection. Identify missing or damaged parts and report on OSD format missing or damaged parts with drawings identification, photos. Create OSD Log. Communicate weekly update of OSD Log to the Site Manager for order of the missing or damaged parts
- Perceive deviations from the material delivery schedule as soon as possible (and report such to Site manager immediately)
- Ensure all material is handled according to the applicable QA instructions
- Keep track records of site material received and delivery.
- Daily logs will be maintained which record all events to address any subsequent claims or disputes
- Establish and execute packing rubbish disposal plan and coordinate return of temporary transport devices to logistic department
- Establish and execute a quarantine plan
Managerial (Budget / Administration / People)
- Implementation of the our clients EHS policy within the operational scope of material handling management, including all established safety procedures, work instructions, guidelines and local laws/regulations and informing employees about hazardous materials and applicable precautions
- Weekly report / feedback of material receipt and status information to Site manager
- That all contractors within the material management scope are in compliance with the EHS requirements at site
- In the project requiring additional Material handling personnel, manage & coordinate activities on site
Specific Functional/Technical authority (besides DoA)
- Participate to the implementation of all necessary site material handling infrastructure
- Select and hire material control/handling staff
- Defines the site procedures for all material handling/storage/movement/issue
- Ensure proper utilization and loading of allocated material handling resources
- May suspend work in case of abnormal or risky situations
If you have the experience as a Materials Manager working in Combined Cycle Power Plants, please get in touch with a CV to be considered.
Many thanks and look forward to hearing from you
Product Quality Assurance