If you are an MES Senior Engineer professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in one of our regional offices (Austin, Durham, Philadelphia, Irvine), you will perform and direct the development, design, implementation, testing and delivery of MES Solutions. Senior/Lead Engineers are key members of a diverse team of professionals executing MES projects in life sciences and related industries. Candidates must have an excellent understanding of key manufacturing processes in the life sciences industry in order to develop and execute the MES strategies used on assigned projects.
A successful candidate must be able to quickly develop good working relationships with the Emerson project team members and the client’s technical and management personnel. They will participate in all phases of a project from requirements definition through plant startup in a customer facing role. They also must work closely with Project Managers and other technical resources to deliver a successful technical solution that meets the project’s requirements for quality, budget, and schedule. Travel to various project sites will be required for requirements gathering, client meetings, engineering support and delivery as required.
AS AN MES SENIOR ENGINEER, YOU WILL:
- Architect and lead the implementation of Manufacturing Execution System (MES) and system integration solutions projects
- Conduct workshops to analyze user requirements to define functional requirements for MES solutions through client interviews and documentation analysis
- Develop detailed designs, implement, troubleshoot and test Syncade MES solutions that meet client requirements
- Develop documentation including creation of test scripts required for validated facilities
- Provide project execution leadership and mentor fellow project members
- Work as a team player in project teams
- Understanding, exposure and adherence to Quality Management
- Quickly learn new skills and technologies
- Work effectively at different levels within project teams, client organizations and sales
- Refine/optimize and follow Business Process Maps and/or User Cases for configuration of execution workflows
- Develop and improve processes, procedures and tools used in the execution of projects
- Work with customers to develop/educate Emerson project methodologies that will enhance their standards
- Act as a liaison between the internal project team, internal management, and customer project teams and management
- Understand the project scope and financials, and participate in the framing and quoting of projects to ensure successful project execution
- Plan and organize the work of a project team, develop the implementation strategies for projects, act as a mentor for individuals within the group, and resolve issues within project teams
- Identify change orders and justify changes to Project Management; resolve issues and establish priorities between projects
- Start-up complex systems at customers’ plants
- Knowledgeable in ISA S95 and S88 standards and terminologies
- Proactively develop customer relationships; anticipate and provide solutions to customer needs giving high priority to customer satisfaction
WHO YOU ARE:
You follow through on commitments. You provide timely and helpful information to individuals across the organization. You achieve gained trust and support of others. You step up to handle tough issues.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- BS degree with minimum of 5 years overall experience, with minimum of 4 years MES project experience
- Deployment experience with plant floor/Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) solutions (e.g. Syncade, Rockwell ProPack Data, Werum PAS-X)
- Experience with the compliance of the systems and batch record and data integrity
- Ability to communicate effectively in English with customers and employees at different levels of the organization
- Must have the demonstrated ability to work in a team environment as both a leader and an individual contributor
- Ability to quickly establish good working relationships with others from all levels
- Experience in at least one computer language in a regulated environment
- Experience with SDLC (Waterfall/Agile)
- Experience working with customers to create user requirement/functional specification
- A minimum of 25% travel is expected with this position. Travel will be mostly domestic, but some international travel may be required
- Legal authorization to work in the United States - sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- ERP or Quality Systems integration a plus.
- Knowledgeable in FDA validation requirements preferred, including: User Requirement and Design Specs, Business Process Procedures, Design Reviews, Requirements gathering,
- Experience with regulatory/compliance documentation and procedures is a plus
- Experience with .NET technologies preferred
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. [ Link removed ] .
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our[ Link removed ] and about [ Link removed ] .
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to [ Link removed ] .
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $18.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. We are innovators, question-askers and problem-solvers. We don’t settle for good enough or “This is the way it’s always been done.” Instead, we push ourselves and strive for the “never been done before.”
Our Automation Solutions business enables the greatest use of the world's most valuable resources, ensuring the performance and safety of industries that are the backbone of daily life.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
No calls or agencies please.
User Requirements Documents