We are currently looking for a Safety Engineer
Mobilization date: June 2021
End of Contract: Sep 2023
Location: Onshore, DOHA
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Minimum Qualification: B.Sc. Engineering in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Excellent understanding of offshore Process, Utility & Safety Systems.
- Knowledge of International Standards applicable to Safety Engineering. Ability to organize and conduct HAZOP, HAZID, Hazards Identifications.
- Management of engineering contractors.
- Recognized expertise in the field of technical safety engineering for oil & gas facilities with 12 plus years of experience in both brown and green field project environment.
10 years of professional experience in Safety / Technological Risks / Loss Prevention.
Strong knowledge of SIMOPS and brownfield projects.
- Good sense of team spirit, leadership, strong interpersonal & soft communication skills.
- Fluent in English both verbal and written.
- Ensure and promote the application of COMPANY HSE and Safety Engineering rules and standards.
- Ensure that contractors comply at all times with safety rules, taking actions as required in case of disregards.
- Ensure the implementation of applicable laws, codes and standards, in particular the Company's technical reference system in the design of installations on top of which safety engineering
- Implement the Company HSE risks management process in Brownfield activities: Identify Hazards, perform adequate risk assessment studies and subsequently define adequate conceptual barriers (as per Company reference system prescriptions and/or as per detailed risk studies outcomes where required. Development of COMPANY particular project guidelines and procedures
- Lead/participate or supervise safety studies such as HAZID, HAZOP, analysis and consequence modeling HAZAN, Dropped Object studies, Fire and Explosion studies, SIL assessment, adapted to E&C activities
- Be responsible for the development of required deliverables of the facilities' safety dossier (Safety Concept, ESD and Fire and Gas detection, Active and Passive Fire Fighting, Fire and Gas detection, Evacuation and Escape Route, Hazardous area classification, Safety Critical Elements and performance standards of safety systems)
- Ensure the appropriate support and follow-up of all Project activities, and approve of safety engineering design studies. Participate to Project Reviews as per COMPANY project management system for his field of expertise.
- Participate to safety audits, and contribute to near miss investigations by providing the technical expertise in Safety Engineering. Propose design corrective measures as learned from incident and operation feed backs, propose innovative design solutions and improvements of Company processes.
Safety Engineer with 10 years experience in Safety, Technological Risks, Loss Prevention
Hazard And Operability Study