Requisition ID: 231217
Bechtel is a global provider of engineering, construction, and project management services with a reputation for excellence and innovative project delivery.
An opportunity exists within the Bechtel project team to work as the Deputy Site Manager on the MLP_INCO project, located in Chacay, Chile. At the Chacay copper concentrator site, Bechtel is installing an expansion project consisting of an additional ball and sag mill, added flotation cells, Statcom transformer and power distribution system, pebbles crushing and entire grinding area. This EPC project has already commenced direct hire construction. In addition to the copper concentrator area, the project consists of a new greenfield desalination facility located at Los Vilos along with a 65km long 24' pipeline and pump station to transport the desalinated water to the existing El Mauro dam.
Please refer to posting summary, but this is an international camp assignment.
The Deputy Site Manager will be responsible for implementation of Bechtel direct hire site construction procedures and planning, including organisation and direction of construction craft and related activities on a cost reimbursable project.
The role will be the primary client contact for all project field activities at the copper concentrator site, and responsible for all jobsite activities, ensuring construction operations are in compliance with design and specifications and construction operations are completed on schedule, within budget and to quality standards.
The concentrator construction site will be under Minera Los Pelambres regulations.
The role will be based at the Chacay site in a single status camp accommodation on a FIFO roster.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. The Deputy Site Manager will be responsible for managing the established construction team associated with the implementation of the construction and pre-commissioning schedule including planning, coordinating and having overall management of all concentrator jobsite related activities for the Bechtel direct hire team, specialty subcontractors, suppliers and interfacing with the client representatives.
2. Responsible for total concentrator site management including management of the Bechtel direct hire workforce, any subcontractors, field engineering, contract administration, cost and schedule, field procurement, finance and accounting services, workforce services, BEO construction equipment fleet and other functions personnel as applicable. Responsible for ensuring execution of, environmental compliance plan, safety plan, site survey plan, non-manual staffing plan, contracting plan, labour strategy, construction execution plan, project automation plan, quality plan, risk management plan and job-site work rules
3. Implements Bechtel’s Zero Accident Philosophy, security, housekeeping, and fire protection on the construction site
4. Controls jobsite expenditures for construction craft labor, construction equipment, material and services and ensures field operations are maintained within the established budget
5. Plans and executes Bechtel standard work processes and procedures to ensure construction operations meet engineering designs and specifications
6. Responsible for all concentrator jobsite labour relations and coordinates the activities with project workforce services department
7. Develops, implements and administers a jobsite security plan and coordinates the activities with project security department
8. Coordinates all jobsite contractual activities.
9. Responsible for coordinating with client for the implementation of their community relations plan.
10. Responsible for concentrator site Pre-Commissioning with support from the Bechtel craft, vendor reps and client operations team.
11. Responsible for coordinating with client in the managing and operation of the construction camp in this remote location
12. Preferred candidates must be bi-lingual and fluent in both Spanish and English.
13. Candidate shall report to the project Site Manager and coordinate with the Construction Leaders across the three project sites (concentrator, pipeline and desal).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
The successful applicant shall possess the following skills:
• The successful applicants will have a minimum of 20 years experience in direct hire construction and proven logistics experience in executing work at a site in a remote location
• Applicants must have proven experience working as a Deputy Site Manager or a Site Manager on a $500 - $900 million dollar project
• Knowledge of all phases of construction operations relating to field activities of engineering disciplines, construction technologies and jobsite management, and experienced with Bechtel SWPPs.
• Knowledge of the Project ES&H Handbook, the Supervisors ES&H Manual, the Project Safety Management Plan and the Bechtel Core Processes
• Thorough knowledge of the project Quality Policies
• Thorough knowledge of the project Labour Management Plan
• Proven leadership and team building skills
- Must be fluent in reading, comprehending, writing and communicating in Spanish.
ESSENTIAL COMPANY REQUIREMENTS:
Ethics: Commitment to the Project’s ethical standards as demonstrated by success on prior projects.
Quality: Commitment to the Project’s quality standard as demonstrated by prior Supervisors’ evaluations of work performance or by success on prior projects.
ES&H: Demonstrated commitment to the Project’s Zero Incident philosophy by prior active engagement and demonstration of ES&H Leadership.
Bechtel is an equal opportunity Employer and the World #1 choice in engineering, project management & construction. Join this landmark project in the execution stage and enjoy a challenging career with an industry leader.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
[ Link removed ]
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.