SGC provides high-level professional land survey services for large-scale projects throughout the United States. We manage geospatial data for projects that require quality and accurate reporting by developing, implementing, and utilizing new and innovative systems.
We are currently accepting resumes for *Professional Land Surveyors* to work in support of large-scale linear energy infrastructure projects throughout the United States. As our staff surveyor, you will use your Professional Land Surveyor license to help administer, process, and coordinate project field survey data and utilize that data to prepare plans or product deliverables.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
* Work independently or supervise and coordinate the work of Survey Technicians and Survey Field Crews assigned to specific projects/tasks.
* Independently perform most assignments with instructions to general results expected; receives technical guidance on unusual or complex problems and supervisory approval on proposed plans for projects.
* Completes and is familiar with preparing ALTA surveys, boundary and topographic surveys, and construction layouts to meet project specifications.
* Must be knowledgeable of all state rules and regulations in which you have professional licensure or participate in providing professional surveying services.
* Evaluates that all field surveying tasks have been completed in accordance with client and project requirements; and reports deficiencies to the Project Manager, Field Supervisor, and/or Field Survey Crew Chief.
Receives supervision on new aspects of assignments. May be responsible for supervision and coordination of other technicians and field personnel who assist in specific assignments.
*Qualifications and Requirements*
* AutoCAD drafting
* Microsoft Office applications
* Trimble Business Center (or equivalent survey data processing software)
* Working knowledge of ESRI platform is a plus but is not required.
_Education and Experience Requirements_
* Associates or Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Geomatics, or Surveying from an ABET-accredited curriculum.
* Minimum of 10 years of experience preferred.
* Professional Land Surveyor license required or working to attain
* Must successfully complete drug screening and background check, including 7-year criminal history check and Motor Vehicle Record check.
* Valid driver’s license required.
Environmental demands and work environment for a Survey / GIS Data Technician at SGC are listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Required to travel 0-25% to field project sites.
* Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the workday.
* Required to exert physical effort in handling objects up to 30 pounds occasionally.
* Required to exert physical effort in navigating difficult terrain occasionally.
SGC offers a competitive benefits package for all full-time employees, including paid holiday & vacation time; health insurance including medical, dental, and vision; 401K with company match; as well as life insurance and disability.
If this sounds like the position and the company you’ve been looking for, please click “Apply.” We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Full-time
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Parental leave
* Professional development assistance
* Referral program
* Relocation assistance
* Retirement plan
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* 10 hour shift
* 12 hour shift
* 8 hour shift
* AutoCAD: 1 year (Preferred)
* Driver's License (Preferred)
* Surveyor License (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road
- Auto Cad
- Esri Gis (Software)
- Finger Dexterity