At Jacobs, we’re transforming intangible ideas into innovative solutions designing the future – today.
Our Boston Team is seeking an Architectural Designer/Sustainability Specialist to provide technical and strategic sustainability solutions to the pursuit, design and delivery of major projects across sectors including both buildings and infrastructure project types.
Your role will include leading teams – both large and small – of architecture and engineering staff on projects where sustainability goals require broad understanding of multiple performance criteria and overlapping rating systems, as well as wide-ranging community requirements. You will work to produce project documentation, performing and/or assisting in the construction administration phase of projects, maintaining firm-wide documentation procedures and standards, and working closely with technical leadership and engineering discipline leads to understand design intent and goals for successful implementation for various facility design projects.
You’ll be a positive communicator with strong influencing ability who’s able to lead projects without direct supervision, able to coordinate the work of various project teams, and connect with our global technical experts as well as deliver exceptional results independently. You will be a systems thinker and creative problem solver for our clients’ toughest challenges.
This may be a remote position; location in the Eastern Standard time zone is required.
Working together, we’ll help you grow and pursue what fulfills you so that we can make impacts on the future – big and small, global and local.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Your most impactful mission in this role is to act as a champion for our TogetherBeyond culture of caring at Jacobs. TogetherBeyond is our approach to living inclusion every day and enabling diversity and quality globally. For us, this means creating a culture of belonging where we all thrive by embracing all perspectives.
- A minimum of 5 years’ professional relevant experience for buildings-related design and construction projects
- Professional Degree in Architecture, Sustainability, or similar from an accredited program
- Demonstrated progressive overall experience in an Architectural, Design, or Engineering organization
- LEED AP with Specialty; credential must be active. Must have experience as LEED Project Administrator on numerous projects, including those under v4/4.1, that have completed certification.
- Detailed knowledge of sustainability and integrated design process
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategies and systems related to occupant wellness, energy efficiency, daylighting, indoor air quality, materials assessment, stormwater management, and other common topics
- Ability to stay current with regulations and trends in the industry at a national level
- Strong organizational skills to help facilitate multiple projects at one time, communication (both verbal and written) skills, creative problem-solving abilities, business development / client relationship building skills, and leadership abilities
- Experience in facilitation and delivery on sustainability projects and programs working in a client-facing role
- Ability to effectively coordinate with architectural and engineering project team members, both internal and external
- Professional experience writing and developing project reports and presentations
- Must display enthusiasm, motivation, and be goal-oriented
Ideally, You'll Also Have:
- Additional formal education in buildings or infrastructure-related discipline, or sustainability/resilience (e.g. Masters, certificate courses)
- Experience creating and working with client- or geographic-specific design standards
- Additional sustainability- or energy-centric credentials (e.g. WELL AP, Envision SP, Living Future Accreditation, Certified Passive House Consultant, etc.) as well as related project experience
- Demonstrated software experience in the usage of Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Cloud suite, and Microsoft Office suite
- Experience in the preparation and management work plans for sustainable design work, schedules, budgets, staffing projections, and fees for large projects
- Experience on fast-track, accelerated project delivery
- Ability to travel as needed
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under URL blocked - click to apply
and [ Link removed ] .
- Autodesk Revit
- Stormwater Management
- Sketch Up (3 D Modeling Software)