Note: This single vacancy is posted in more than one grade level and will be filled based on commensurate education and or relevant experience.
Assign and recommend industry accepted management practices to provide corrective control of non-compatible vegetation conditions in utility rights of way to vegetation control contractors; inspect ongoing and completed assignments to assure contract compliance to reduce preventable vegetation interruptions of service and to provide, as much as practical, access to facilities for the purpose of repair and inspection.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS are listed below:
1) After training, patrol lines and facilities to assess vegetative conditions and recommend utility vegetation operations, maintain records of work and make the necessary arrangements with landowners for vegetation management and access to facilities.
2) Investigate and resolve landowner issues and concerns.
3) With assistance, estimate vegetation management requirements and costs for construction and rebuilding of new and existing facilities.
4) With assistance, determine future utility vegetation management requirements and recommend short and long-term vegetation management work plans and best management practices.
5) Contact governmental agencies, other utilities, landowners and others to arrange and coordinate right-of-way vegetation management work plans required.
6) Inspect vegetation management and work planning contractors for contract compliance, recommending acceptance or corrective action.
7) With assistance, recommend work plans, priorities, schedules and contractor requirements in accordance with the vegetation management program.
8) Apply and keep informed of current contract provisions.
9) Maintain records and prepare reports on costs, production and work quality. Operate the forestry computer programs and records systems.
10) Guide and train others involved with the vegetation management program in proper work practices and utility vegetation management procedures.