At the moment we have a vacancy for the permanent position of Salvage Engineer. Interested? And do you have the necessary experience?Job description
As a salvage engineer, you will have an adventurous job. When a ship is in distress, you will travel to the emergency scene with a multidisciplinary team. Once on-site, you work together with the team to repair the ship's plant and get the systems up and running again. It is vital to salvage the vessel as quickly as possible. As well as working on actual ship salvage operations, your job also includes the following duties and responsibilities:
- assisting the technical manager and the operations manager in the selection of new salvage equipment and setting up the right maintenance procedures; – assisting the technical manager and the operations manager in the selection of new salvage equipment and setting up the right maintenance procedures;
- troubleshooting & maintaining company owned salvage equipment in the yard to be ready at all times in the event of emergency response
- sharing knowledge with other engineers about complex ship's systems;
- advising the salvage inspector and superintendent about how to break into existing ship's systems in order to use them during the salvage operation;
- producing reports about the actions taken to get systems operational again. As you can expect from a leading international maritime service company, you will work with state-of-the-art equipment.
To be successful as a salvage engineer, you will need a flexible approach; you never know when or where your next project will be.
You adapt easily to working with different teams and you are fully proficient in English.
Of course, you are happy to work irregular hours and to spend longer periods of time abroad.
In addition, you have:
- Singaporeans/SPR/Malaysian only to apply
- a license ‘Chief Engineer All Ships'
- Singapore Polytechnic COC Class 5, 4, 3, or 2 Marine Engineer
- ITE Merchanical Engineering
- Oiler / Fitter
- Any other Diesel Mechanical Experience
- worked for at least eight years on modern (merchant) ships;
- preferably experience with a range of different types of vessels and engine-room plants;
- a valid seafarer’s medical.
Should you be interested in the position of Salvage Engineer, please send your application via the apply button. For more information, please contact Chris Lawrence, Account Manager in Singapore stating reference number null
Complex Problem Solving